- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 pieces stone fruit (plums, apricots or peaches), cut in half and pitted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared balsamic syrup
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced mint leaves
Soak 8 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain water.
In a large bowl, combine masala and oil. Add lamb and fruit; toss to coat.
Thread lamb evenly onto skewers. Grill kebobs and fruit halves over medium heat, covered, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Coarsely chop grilled fruit. In a small bowl, combine fruit, pistachios and garlic. Drizzle with syrup; garnish with mint. Serve chutney with lamb kebobs.
4 servings. Preparation and cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board