- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces American Lamb boneless leg or shoulder, sliced in thin strips*
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 10 small white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes and juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced and drained ripe olives, optional
In large skillet with cover, heat oil. Over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add lamb and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink. Drain well, set aside. Add zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and juice, basil, pepper and salt. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add cooked lamb, onions, pasta and olives, if desired. Heat through and serve.
*12 ounces of ground lamb may be substituted.
8 servings. Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 212 calories, 12 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g total fat (25% calories from fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 163 mg sodium, 4 mg niacin, 0.14 mg vitamin B6, 1 mcg vitamin B12, 2 mg iron, 2 mg zinc.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board