4 to 6 servings (24 meatballs)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes
2 or 3 slices bread, torn up
1 pound ground American Lamb
1 teaspoon dried thyme Sesame seeds
- Pulse enough bread in electric blender to get 1 cup lightly packed-down crumbs.
- Combine lamb, egg, bread crumbs and thyme until well blended. Form in 24 (about 1 inch) meatballs. Place meatballs in an oiled shallow baking pan. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle meatballs with sesame seeds; stick pick in each and serve with dips.
Hummus Dip (1-1/2 cups)
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans
1 to 2 large garlic cloves, quartered
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Minced parsley (optional)
Red chile flakes (optional)
- Drain beans, saving 1/4 cup liquid. Combine beans in electric blender with garlic, lemon juice, oil and reserved bean liquid. Process until pureed. If desired, sprinkle top with minced parsley and red chile flakes.
Yogurt Dip (1 cup)
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Fresh dill sprigs
- Mix yogurt, dill weed and lemon peel. Garnish top with fresh dill.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board