Recipe from Lachlan Mackinnon Patterson, Frasca Food & Wine (Boulder, Colorado)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Marinate time: 4 hours
Cook time: 2 hours
12 American Lamb loin chops
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, mashed
2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
Coarsely ground black pepper
- Rub lamb with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
Marinated Colorado Potatoes
3/4 pound Colorado Russet potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
3/4 pound Colorado Purple Majesty potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
3/4 pound Colorado Yukon Gold potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
3/4 pound Colorado Mountain Rose potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
1 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, quartered
1 sprig rosemary, about 6 inches long
1 teaspoon chopped sage
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
2 teaspoons minced shallots
1/2 cup thinly sliced California dried mission figs
1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In an 8 x 1-inch oblong baking dish, combine potatoes, oil, garlic and rosemary sprig; roast at 250°F for 2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are done, remove and discard the rosemary sprig and the garlic. Drain excess olive oil and discard. Gently combine sage, parsley, shallots, figs and sherry vinegar. For a more tangy flavor, add additional vinegar. Set aside.
- Lightly salt and pepper the lamb chops to taste. Place on hot grill; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spoon approximately 3/4 cup marinated potatoes onto serving plate and arrange lamb chops on top. Garnish with fresh herbs.
NOTE: To maintain the brilliant colors of the potatoes after dicing, submerge in cold water until ready to cook.
Nutrition per serving: 728 calories, 38 g protein,51 g carbohydrates, 41 g total fat (51% calories from fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 741 mg sodium, 10.45 mg niacin, x 0.49 mg vitamin B6,3.16 mcg vitamin B12, 5 mg iron, 5 mg zinc
Recipe provided by the American Lamb Board