Miss out on attending Premier’s 2017 Sheep Field Day? Not a problem. You can now view photos and watch the presentations online.
Topics presented included:
- Lamb quality: What is (and is not) an ideal market lamb, and why.
- What do lamb buyers (including restaurants, stores and consumers) like and dislike about US and imported lamb as revealed by the American Lamb Board’s extensive nationwide audit.
- How to succeed (and fail) at growing annual forage crops (rye, turnips, radish) for sheep.
- Pros and cons of accelerated lambing (lambing more than once per year) illustrated in a 45 minute video of 4 sheep operations in KS, IA, NY and MI.
- Impact of micro minerals on feeding sheep.
- Hands-on teaching of critical winter shepherding/lambing skills courtesy of Premier’s 1000 ewes.
- Lessons learned about Premier’s unique (no drop pen) indoor lambing system.
- Lessons learned about LAC-TEK’s automatic lamb-rearing machines.
Sign up to receive our emails so you’re always “in-the-know” for upcoming events hosted by Premier.