Livestock Feed Grinders Compared
Grinding your own feed ensures freshness and source verification. We offer two powered units—the Bravo and the Ercolino. They are made in Europe by a worldwide leader in equipment for small poultry flocks. They are a very good value. Similar units from other sources are over $1,900.
Both grinders share these features:
- Very safe hopper design that prevents items from accidentally sliding down into the grinder’s blades
- If the bolts securing the front cover are removed or loose, the motor will stop—and won’t restart until the bolts are in place and tight
- Limited assembly is required (e.g. attaching legs)
Bravo Feed Grinder — $602
Easy-to-use grinder for small batch production of livestock feed. Control the ingredients in your animal’s diet and save trips to the feed store!
- ✔ 110V 1.2 HP motor (900 watts)
- ✔ Includes 3 sieves (4, 6 and 8mm)
- ✔ Produce coarse flour with 1mm and 2.5mm sieves (sold separately)
Ercolino Feed Grinder — $1,100
Electric hammermill designed for rugged and repeated use. For at-home production of livestock feed. Feed homegrown or locally produced grains to ensure freshness.
- ✔ 110V 2.0 HP motor (1500 watts)
- ✔ Includes 4 sieves (2.5, 4, 6 and 8mm)
- ✔ Built-in chute for cob meal
Fineness and quickness of the grind…
- The Bravo with the optional 1mm sieve produces a very fine grind, sufficient as a course flour
- The Ercolino will grind ear corn and produces cob meal through its 8mm sieve
- The Ercolino processes feed much faster than the Bravo—due to its larger motor
Feed Corn Comparison
(1 bushel corn = 56 lbs)
Bravo (5 lbs)
Ercolino (5 lbs)
Grinder Comparison Chart
|Bravo||$602||1.2 HP||110V||1*, 2.5*, 4, 6, 8mm||✘|
|Ercolino||$1,100||2.0 HP||110V||2.5, 4, 6, 8mm||✔|
Blades can be damaged by rocks in the grain—so use clean grain.