Poultry Feed Grinders Compared
Grinding your own feed ensures freshness and source verification. We offer two powered units—the Bravo and the Ercolino. They are made in Italy by a worldwide leader in equipment for small poultry flocks. They are a very good value. Similar units from other sources are over $1,000.
Both grinders share these features:
- Very safe hopper design that prevents items from accidentally sliding down into the grinder's blades.
- If the bolts securing the front cover are removed or loose, the motor will stop—and won't restart until the bolts are in place and tight.
- Limited assembly (attach legs) is required.
Fineness & quickness of the grind...
- The Bravo will the 1mm sieve produces a very fine grind, sufficient as a course flour.
- The Ercolino will also grind ear corn and produces a nice grain and cob meal through the 8mm sieve.
- The Ercolino processes feed much faster—due to its larger motor.
Feed Corn Comparison
(1 bushel corn = 56 lbs)
Bravo (5 lbs)
Ercolino (5 lbs)
Grinder Comparison Chart
|Grinder||Price||Motor Size||Voltage Input||Capabilities||Front Spout|
|Bravo||$566||1/2 hp||110-120v||4, 6, 8mm
1mm sold separately
|Ercolino||$994||2 hp||220v||2.5, 4, 6, 8mm||yes|
Blades can be damaged by rocks in the grain—so use clean grain.