Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
- Stop rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed.
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation.
(holds 17.5 lb feed)
(holds 44 lb feed)
|Feeds Up To||2 hens at once||3 hens at once|
|Feed Capacity||17.5 lb (8 kg)||44 lb (20 kg)|
|Adjustable Treadle||Min: 0.75 lb
Max: 3 lb
|Min: 1 lb
Max: 5.5 lb
|Weight||13 lb||19 lb|
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
- Chickens need to be trained to feeders. Select a trainee and place them on the roost to activate the door. They will see the feed and recognize that this is the place to be fed.
- Allow room under roosts. As manure and bedding accumulates, doors will not be able to open fully. Either hang the feeder or periodically clear bedding and manure. Partially open doors have the potential to scrape the combs of large combed birds.
- Because the feed lands far back in the feeder, we do not recommend its use with waterfowl.
- Use coarsely ground feeds for optimal feed flow in humid conditions (the same with all high capacity feeders). High concentrations of fines (powder) in feed bind easily when moisture is present (stopping feed flow).
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
This nest box provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$49.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Chrystal R from Mississippi
Stephanie G from Arizona
I bought this feeder because I've had one already for several years. It works great it took about two minutes for the chickens to figure it out and no little rodent pests can get in and eat the grain.
When I received this feeder it was broken. The hinge that holds the flap, the metal part that covers over the grain bin, was broken and all flopping sideways it was that way when I opened the box. I have let Premier 1 know about this they have asked for pictures which I've sent so I'm waiting to see what the result is. So the product is excellent now I'm waiting to find out about the service from this particular company.
Kate P from Connecticut
I wanted to love this feeder but my chickens aren't into it. I tried it as a sole feeder for a few weeks, using a rock on the weight platform so they'd understand where the feed comes from, but I ended with up a few birds who would use it and a bunch of hungry chickens following me for food. Now I use it with another feeder and this one is always full. Shavings get under the weight platform so it stops going down; the back bar keeps sliding out. My chickens just aren't using it is the long and short of it. I'm about to replace it with a couple regular plastic feeders.
Jeanna C from Oregon
Although I do love the fact that the door closes when no chickens are eating - the divider that creates sections for the chickens to feed, is made out of plastic and is already receiving considerable damage. Also it doesn’t fill into the feeding area well. It’s ok for smaller birds, but not the tall ones.
Annette H from New York
The quality of the product material is fine but the design is not chicken friendly. The food is so far back and under that my flock is resisting. Some of my smaller LF hens are using it but the big ones and the lower ranking ones aren’t. I also own a grandpas feeder which the same flock uses in another building - free range. They are trekking across the snow and ice to get to Grandpas. I was hoping to use both but not if they refuse. Debating sending it back or selling it as used. Disappointed.