This product contains not less than 25.6% nitrogen (equivalent to 160% crude protein). This product is to be used only in feed for cattle, sheep, goats and as a source of non-protein nitrogen at a level not to exceed 1.0% ammonium chloride in the total daily ration to provide not more than 1.6% equivalent crude protein.
Packaging color may vary.
- How does ammonium chloride prevent urinary calculi?
- Stones will form in the bladder if ruminants if the calcium phosphorus ratio is less than 2:1. Grains have high phosphorus and forages are generally low in phosphorus. Ruminants on high forage rations will have a high calcium to phosphorus ratio, especially if they are eating clover or any alfalfa. Sheep or goats on growing and finishing rations have high levels of grain. To correct the calcium-to-phosphorus ratio feed grade limestone is added to formulated feed to increase calcium and prevent calculi.
If the ratio is lower than 2:1, struvite crystals will form in the bladder that can form into stones. Ammonium chloride can be added to ration formulation as an insurance against incorrect formulation, or more importantly higher phosphorus in feedstuffs than what was estimated. This will change the pH of the urine and prevent stone formation if crystals are present. Ammonium chloride should never be used to correct poor nutrition or ration formulation, only as insurance.
How to Use
Questions? Ask a sheep expert to help customize a ration for your situation.
- This product is to be used only in feed for cattle, sheep and goats only!
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- Harmful if swallowed. If swallowed: Call poison control center or a doctor if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth.
- Wear eye/face protection. If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present an easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists, seek medical advice.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- Wash contaminated skin thoroughly with plenty of water and soap after handling.
- Dispose of contents/container to hazardous special waste collection point.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael M from Idaho
A great product at a reasonable price. We utilize ammonium chloride for our Boer wethers in the prevention of urinary calculi.
Darrell W from Florida
Perfect for our goats.
Pat L from Wyoming
Life saver! Really. We had 5 yearlings with water belly. Two died before the product arrived. Other three cleared up in days; and one of them had ruptured. He opened up and healed up, looks and acts completely normal two weeks later. We drenched all the steers and no problems since.
Elizabeth H from Missouri
I needed to get the Ammonia Chloride right now, due to my wether having calculi buildup and trouble urinating. No one in my area sells any. I ordered and within two days received my order. My only complaint was the shipping it was $15 for 5lbs. Otherwise I was super delighted.
Matthew M from Missouri
Arrived quickly and a quality product.