Creep Feeder Gate
Gives lambs and goat kids "adult free" access to creep feed and allows guard dog puppies ability to come and go from sheep/goats and food.
- Hot-dip galvanized products have triple the useful life in humid, acidic climates (many barns!)
- Both horizontal and vertical internal bars can be altered to allow the openings to "grow" with the lambs or kids. White plastic pipe on rods spin freely when lambs move through them.
- Can be attached to our PowerBilt® or Welded Wire Panels.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Information
- Height: 40" or 45"
- Width: 41" (from the outside of the eye loop to the outside of the eye loop and 38" - gate itself)
- Hot-dip galvanized to improve appearance and longevity
- Comes with 1 horizontal bar and 5 vertical rods
- Vertical bars are spaced 6" apart (shown in photo above)
- One horizontal bar—1/2" diameter steel rod with white plastic roller. 6 height possibilities (18" to 28" with increments of 1" to 2"). Held in place with a spring-loaded clip.
- Five vertical rods—1/2" diameter rods with white plastic outer rollers. Gate has 13 holes along the bottom and top. To adjust, pull rod and drop it into any hole. (We find we need all the holes as the lambs grow.)
- Eye loops—Two eye loops at ends allow attachment with a Connecting Pin (sold separately); to wire panels, metal bar gates and/or wooden panels.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Ground Rod and/or Connecting Pin, 3'Item #151200 -
Effectively ground energizers or firmly secure handling equipment. Galvanized pin is resilient to rust and wear.$8.00
Linking StakeItem #917800 -
Linking stake for connecting panels, gates, chutes of sheep and goat handling or feeding systems.$11.30
Wire Panels and Accessories
EyeboltItem #936100 -
Plated steel bolt for holding connecting pins, tie gates shut and a multitude of farm uses.$2.10
Lag Bolt ConnectorItem #917820 -
Used extensively on the Premier farms to securely connect gates and panels via linking stakes.$3.68
Universal Connecting HingeItem #913722 -
Sturdy, heavy duty panels for containing and controlling small livestock such as sheep and goats. Modular design for customized lengths.$13.00
48" x 48" PowerBilt Wire Panel, 3" holesItem #965700 -
Reinforced galvanized welded wire panels. Great for building lambing jugs, gates, fence lines and many other projects.$108.00
Feeding Orphan Lambs and Kids
Shepherd's Choice® Lamb & Kid Milk, 25 lbsItem #780002 -
Veterinary-formulated milk replacer that provides total nutritional requirements for baby lambs and goat kids.$70.00
Feeding Orphan Lambs and Kids
Shepherd's Choice® Kid Milk, 45 lb bagItem #780004 -
Veterinary-formulated milk replacer with citristim that provides total nutritional requirements for goat kids. 50 lb bag.$132.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Marjorie G from Alabama
Love this for my small barn. Kids learn to use it easily and dams learn to not!
Stephanie C from Oklahoma
Sturdy construction, well made. I have some young ewes that are frustrated now that they cannot squeeze into the nursery/creep area. This gate keeps them OUT!
Jeanne G from Virginia
I bought two of these gates, one for lambs and one for goat kids. The gates are extremely well made, very sturdy and work exactly as I hoped for creep feeding. They arrived quickly, in perfect condition with no excess packaging.
Ruth S from Oregon
Once I got this item, I could see its value. Wow! It’s well made and I received it quickly. Great product!
Lorena M from Michigan
I ordered this gate in the 40" tall for our Nigerian Dwarf herd. This Creep Feeder DOES NOT work for Nigerian Dwarfs — I placed the feeder gate on one of our kidding pens with a 32" door opening, put some feed pellets in a container and 2 adult female does (2 and 3 year old) easily gained access. In order for this to work for Nigerian Dwarf goats plan on buying at least another 3 or 4 vertical and another horizonal pin at an additional cost of $56.00 and now shipping costs on top of that. This should have been noted on the description as this brings the cost up over $200 — it's well made but not happy this important detail was left out.