The Rhinehart X-50A is a powerful 110V plug-in dehorner designed to stop the growth of horn cells in livestock.
For removing horn spurs from goat kids, lambs and calves. Dehorn goat kids between 3 days to 3 weeks of age. Burns the bud to stop growth.
The dehorner arrives to you with a goat-sized tip attached and ready for use.
- 10" long
- 6" grip
- 7 ft cord
- Max temperature 1000˚ F
- 239 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
- Arrives with 2 dehorn tips (the goat-sized tip is attached and ready for use)
- 1/2" diameter
- 3/4" diameter
How to Use
- If you prefer/need the larger cattle tip, make sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled down Warning—temperature can exceed 1000˚ F. To remove the tip, hold it with a tool or your hand and unscrew the bolt and washer located on the underside.
- The lever on the dehorner should remain at "D" for all dehorning. The "S" is for those that have the tip for soldering.
- Allow 10 - 12 minutes for the dehorner to heat up before using. Apply to the horn base for approximately 10 seconds. For more detailed instructions, reference Rhinehart's directions.
- Tip is very very hot. DO NOT TOUCH.
- Works best on kid goats that are about 3 days old. Use when the horn nub is barely there.
- Make sure the animal is held so it cannot move its head during burning.
Make sure the lever is set on "D" for dehorning. Not "S" for soldering.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jon M from Maine
Showed up not working. After about ten minutes it started working and then a few goats in the internals started shooting sparks. I’d test it before you go to disbud. My previous one didn’t seem to get as hot either (same model). Not sure these have any sort of quality control.
Kimberly C from Washington
This disbudding iron is the best I have ever used. I haven’t had to deal with scurs since I started using it. It’s lightweight and it has the stand which makes it easy for one person to get the job done.
Eric M from Iowa
It worked perfectly for our Nigerian Dwarfs.
Brianna K from Kansas
Purchased and it already came damaged. Cracks in the cattle tip and and the handle. Doesn't SEEM to effect anything... besides quality but I didn't have time to return / exchange because my goats were already almost past due to dehorn.
Lena M from North Carolina
Wonderful product, exactly as described.