- Arrives with 2 dehorn tips (1/2" and 3/4" dia)—one for calves, the other for goats and lambs. The dehorner arrives to you with a goat-sized tip attached and ready for use.
- 10" long
- 6" grip
- 7 ft cord
- Max temperature 1000˚ F
- 239 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
How to Use
- If you prefer/need the larger cattle tip, make sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled down Warning—temperature can exceed 1000˚ F. To remove the tip, hold it with a tool or your hand and unscrew the bolt and washer located on the underside.
- The lever on the dehorner should remain at "D" for all dehorning. The "S" is for those that have the tip for soldering.
- Allow 10 - 12 minutes for the dehorner to heat up before using. Apply to the horn base for approximately 10 seconds. For more detailed instructions, reference Rhinehart's directions.
- Tip is very very hot. DO NOT TOUCH.
- Works best on kid goats that are about 3 days old. Use when the horn nub is barely there.
- Make sure the animal is held so it cannot move its head during burning.
Make sure the lever is set on "D" for dehorning. Not "S" for soldering.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Leah T from Southern Minnesota
It is very user friendly. I like that the goat tip is already on when you receive it so if you open it in the barn you don’t risk loosing the tip. Heats up quickly. I was impressed by how quickly it got here, I didn’t realize our old one didn’t work anymore until it was time to burn horns.
Lena M from North Carolina
I am very satisfied with my purchase of the rhinehardt disbudding iron. It works perfectly and arrived right on time. I will definitely be purchasing from this company again.
Kayla T from Georgia
Excellent product! Worked extremely well on our saanen goat kids! Perfect size.
Judy B from Minnesota
I was very pleased with the quality and ease of use of the Rhinehart 50A dehorner. I used in on my young goats and the outcome was what I would want.
Judy B from Minnesota
Jered M from Wisconsin