Lamb Blankets with Collar/Sleeve
- Quality material. Single and double stitching.
- Consistent sizes (competing blankets vary within sizes.)
- Dual-size label—both in the front seam and near tail on each item.
- Cotton/poly canvas material—combines strength, durability and breathability.
- Machine washable.
- Low shrinkage when washed (only 1/2" in our tests).
|Small (green collar)||30"L x 17-1/2"H|
|Medium (red collar)||34"L x 17-1/2"H|
|Large (blue collar)||38"L x 17-3/4"H|
|XL (purple collar)||42"L x 18"H|
How to Use
- Once you are relatively confident in the size of blanket your sheep needs, unfold the blanket and locate the "head hole".
- Put the head of the sheep through this hole and allow the blanket to go as far down the neck as possible.
- Straighten and arrange the blanket. The longer portion of the blanket should run the length of the sheep and shorter side should drape along the chest of the sheep. Pull the blanket straight/tight in all locations and strive to keep the seam of the blanket centered along the back of the sheep.
- Connect the adjustable belly strap to keep the blanket in place. Simply thread the strap through the 2 metal D-rings and then loop the strap back and put it through only the inner most D-ring. Pull on the strap to achieve the desired level of tightness.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Courtney P from Missouri
These blankets are great. First week we had them on the lambs we had lots of rain so the lambs got into some mud while we were walking them. Then one dumped his water in the pen and the blankets got very dirty in the wet mulch. I washed them with little hope they’d come clean but they did!
Crystal E from California
Blankets are well made, fit well and are priced great, but they need to bring back the mesh back design. The solid back quickly gets urine soaked on ewes and even on wethers or rams will get soiled if the manure is at all soft. We will not be buying another unless they make them with a mesh but.
Chris C from Montana
These blankets are canvas with a vinyl neck. They fit nicely and are easy to use with a double belt loop that you tighten a strap through under the lambs belly towards their fore-rib. They are durable, cheaper than competitors blankets -without sacrificing quality and stay clean relatively easily. We use these blankets for our market show lambs at shows and home when they are sheared. I wish Premier would offer a ewe blanket with a mesh butt for urine to pass through, but until that time I only use them on wethers. I highly recommend these blankets for other sheep owners and exhibitors.
Patricia S from WI
Buckle won't stay. I bought two and both came off the lambs within the first 12 hours. One was hanging around the neck, the other managed to get the neck off. The colored neck sections are made with vinyl? If I am right, I won't buy these again. Vinyl can interfere with reproduction.
I don't feel these are useful without a better fastener.
I love the adult covers... wish these lamb covers were better.
These are a good product and cost about 22% less than the alternative product. I like the color coded collars. If I could change a couple things it would be to offer a ewe blanket in addition to the wether blanket and the belly straps on the small size needed to be shortened so they don't drag on the ground.