Plastic Leg Bands
- Used to identify chickens and other poultry by color of leg band.
- Color coding aids in record-keeping and breeding.
- Use different colors to identify year of birth.
- Not hand-writeable.
- Bands arrive "blank" without imprinting.
- Make sure to use the correct size for your bird.
- 8mm (.3" dia) - for pigeons & quail, pkg 100
- 12mm (.5" dia) - for juvenile chickens, pkg 100
- 16mm (.6" dia) - for adult chickens, pkg 100
- 18mm (.7" dia) - for large roosters, pkg 50
- 25mm (1" dia) - for turkeys & geese, pkg 50
How to Use
Keep multiple sizes/colors on hand to change to larger bands as young birds grow.
Leg band should easily slide up/down the bird’s leg. If too tight, the band will cut off circulation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Amy F from Maryland
They went on easily. The problem is that they also come off very easily. I would not purchase these again because of the rate of which so many have just fallen off and now I cannot identify the different flocks.
Steven R from New Hampshire
These are large enough so as not to bind on the leg as they grow. I tried the coil type thinking it would expand but it didn't. I had to do emergency surgery on quite a few of my chickens. Bought these and problem solved. Now we know how old they are by the color coded bands.
Norma A from Texas
I really like my hens leg bands. Now I can tell who is who. I just wish they had a package that had multicolored bands in it.
Jennifer V from Vermont
Bands are made well and snap tight. I have ordered more as these were way too big for my Cayuga and Runner ducks. The bands say not writable but I was able to write on them with a sharpie and it didn’t rub off.
Trent N from Wisconsin
Fast, easy, and great!