Plastic Leg Bands
- Used to identify chickens and other poultry by color of leg band.
- Color coding aids in record-keeping and breeding.
- Use different colors to identify year of birth.
- Not hand-writeable.
- Bands arrive "blank" without imprinting.
- Make sure to use the correct size for your bird.
- 8mm (.3" dia) - for pigeons & quail, pkg 100
- 12mm (.5" dia) - for juvenile chickens, pkg 100
- 16mm (.6" dia) - for adult chickens, pkg 100
- 25mm (1" dia) - for turkeys & geese, pkg 50
How to Use
Keep multiple sizes/colors on hand to change to larger bands as young birds grow.
Leg band should easily slide up/down the bird’s leg. If too tight, the band will cut off circulation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cheryl S from Texas
Very nice. Easy to put and take off. Very sturdy. Small farm so I do not really need 100, smaller amount option would be nice so that I could order different colors.
Jacklyn C from Nevada
I got the 8mm for our Japanese quail, works on most of them, but about a 1/3 of them have fallen off. Their feet are too small, and slip out (I think when they lay down and stretch their feet out), all the of ones I have found have still been closed. They are easy to put on, but just not small enough for us.
Darla S from Kentucky
After 2 of our hens had to have spiral leg bands surgically removed from their legs, I went on the hunt for something better. This past weekend we removed old spiral bands on all the girls and replaced with these wide lock bands. They are easy to put on and remove, and the hens don't seem to mind them.
Pat F from Kentucky
These are handy. I've only used a few so far, but they are really cool. Chicks don't seem to mind them.
David R from Vermont
Bought these to identify younger hens. Now finding them littered throughout the pasture. Wouldn't recommend them.