- Made of strong plastic
- Can be sterilized and reused
- Usable clipping area is 3/4"
- Sold in packages of 10
- Unlike iodine the animal and your hands will not be stained.
- Will not add a different smell to the lamb or kid that can cause mothering problems.
How to Use
- Clamp navel tightly on newborns where it meets the skin of the belly.
- Cut or pinch off the remaining navel about 1 inch below the clamp.
- Clamp will fall off when the navel dries up.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brian G from Tennessee
Used these for the first time last spring. No navel infections in our sheep flock. Simple to use, and very easy on the lambs. Had no trouble putting on and the lambs hardly noticed. The red color was fairly easy to find in the pasture when they fell off.
Stanley R from Nebraska
These worked pretty well with my goat kids. They were a bit hard to snap, though. After the navel was dried up, they weren't too hard to get off.
William & Lisa S from Virginia
These really came in handy! Had several lambs born, but one had an open bleeding umbilical cord, snapped on the clip, and she was as good as the other lambs & doing great! Was easy to use.... One suggestion, I drenched mine in iodine & it made it slippery to use, so keep that in mind when you are clipping them on
Jerry B from Kentucky
This time the clamps were blue. Much easyier to find if droped or comes off from kid. I would have to rate the black ones a 3, because of this, they are harder to reuse if you can not find them. It is much easier with 2 people,one to hold kid,one to apply clamp. I think they are great!
Doug N from iowa
Hard to snap together and come apart too easily