Heavy-duty 3 ft feeders used to provide grain, minerals, salt or water to animals. Portable for easy movement and stackable for storage.
- Excellent all-purpose trough for small barnyard animals. Also works well for providing feed or water to waterfowl.
- Compact size allows PortaTrough™ 3 to be used in a small pen of show lambs or goat kids
- Won’t crack if water freezes in it
- Easy to clean
Need a larger trough? See PortaTrough™ 5.
- Feed or water sheep, goats, livestock guardian dogs, ducks, geese and poultry
- Difficult for animals to tip over
- Stackable (up to 10) for easy movement and storage
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice
- Shallow water depth allows waterfowl to bathe their heads and necks
- Rounded inner base discourages sheep and goats from standing in the feeder
- 4.5 gallon capacity
- Base: 34"L x 12.25"W
- Top: 32.25"L x 10"W
- Depth: 5.25"
- Made of polypropylene
- Do sheep or goats overturn them?
- Rarely, unless the animals have horns. (Our goats have hooked the side hole on occasion.)
- Can animals step in them?
- We designed the PortaTrough with a slick surface and convex base so sheep and goats seldom step/stand in them.
- Do they fill up with water?
- They can. We drill a hole into the bottom of troughs intended to be used outside as feeders or mineral bunks.
- What happens when ice forms in the trough?
- The rounded base allows ice to expand upwards as it freezes. To remove ice—lift trough, tip over and tap on the bottom with your foot.
- Do they freeze down into mud?
- Yes. But a quick jar on the side with a boot heel usually frees them.
- Are PortaTroughs unbreakable?
- They don't break easily, but like most things they are breakable. We've proven that driving over them with tractors will break them—though ATVs rarely do. Cattle and horses do them no good. They are sheep, goat and waterfowl resistant.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
June H from North Carolina
We have several of these troughs and they last for years—very good product!
Deborah W from North Carolina
Works for my pigs. They don’t try to wallow in it.
Chris L from Louisiana
Durable, large, stackable. Just what we needed!
Christina R from Virginia
Perfect for month old large breed puppies that are starting to eat.
Susan Y from Iowa
I’m currently using this trough for my flock of ducks and it’s perfect! Tough and easy to clean. I have a variety of livestock, so I bought this as a multipurpose item because I can see it being useful in many places. I’m sure I’ll be purchasing more!