- Used to provide feed to a ram or two on pasture or to feed a small pen of show lambs or goat kids.
- Excellent all-purpose trough for birds and small animals works well for providing feed or water to waterfowl (which consume case quantities of water!)
- Feed livestock protection dogs and puppies without worrying about the feeder being tipped over by a playful puppy (or ewe).
- Measures 34" long by 12.25" wide at bottom
- Measures 32.25" long by 10" wide at top
- Depth is 5.25"
- Difficult for animals to tip over.
- Stackable for easy movement and storage.
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice.
- High sides prevent feed from being knocked out and wasted.
- Won't break if water freezes in it.
- Rounded inner base is slick so sheep and goats dislike stepping in them.
- Depth of water allows waterfowl to bathe their heads to their eyes and nostrils.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Matthew D from Florida
I use this feeder for my 3 chickens and two ducks, and it works well enough, although it does have some faults.
Some things I DO like about it is it's deeper than I thought, It would work well for water but I use it as a kind of trough. It's also very heavy, I can imagine it might be hard for small hogs and sheep to knock around.
What I DON'T like about it is it's VERY overpriced, after all it's only a piece of warped plastic, you guys need to lower the price to maybe 29.00 bucks, not 40. That was my two cents.
Love these troughs. Had been using dog pans to feed. What a lot of work that was. Now I just empty the bag of feed into the troughs and walk away. No need to pick up pans. What an easy way to feed. The troughs are sturdy and they have a nice foot hole so you can dump out any rain water without even bending over to do it.
Ann P from Western Washington State
I bought this for all of our wild critters that we feed. The handle makes it very easy to carry, it is deeper than I thought, but it is working out really well. I do have concern about rain since it is outside, but we will see what happens. Very sturdy. The squirrels have not been able to tip it over! The cutest thing so far has been one of the wild bunnies sitting it the trough eating. SOOO CUTE!
Easy to use, easy to clean, keeps the poultry happy.
I bought one of these, and liked it so much I went back and bought another. I have an "accidental" pet duck in my laying flock of chickens, and I was looking for something easier to keep clean and sturdier than a kiddie pool.
Not only does Bernadette The Weather Duck® (she has her own Facebook fan page, silly thing!) love the troughs, but the chickens do, also.
And, as usual, great service from the team at P1. Love your products, and your catalog is Victoria's Secret for hobby farmers. Can't wait to have room for goats.
Chickens are gateway livestock, aren't they?
I have the older style of these. These have got to be one of the best, toughest feeders on the market. I love these! Really handy, light weight, portable... and SUPER durable!!! Hold up to being "moved around" by the livestock, freezing weather, being stepped in, banging them to remove snow, ice, etc. Drill tiny holes in them if you want to keep them outside all the time, for rain to drain out easily. These are one of the few feeders I've had that have held up against the stuff dished out by big rams, and overly eager ewes, etc. Lambs will step in them alot, but overall, the sheep don't like to step in them too much. Very easy to clean. I'd highly recommend them if you have various pens, paddocks or pastures where you have to feed a variety of animals in separate enclosures. You won't be disappointed in this product.