- Used to provide feed to a ram or two on pasture or to feed a small pen of show lambs or goat kids.
- Excellent all-purpose trough for birds and small animals works well for providing feed or water to waterfowl (which consume case quantities of water!)
- Feed livestock protection dogs and puppies without worrying about the feeder being tipped over by a playful puppy (or ewe).
- Measures 34" long by 12.25" wide at bottom
- Measures 32.25" long by 10" wide at top
- Depth is 5.25"
- Difficult for animals to tip over.
- Stackable for easy movement and storage.
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice.
- High sides prevent feed from being knocked out and wasted.
- Won't break if water freezes in it.
- Rounded inner base is slick so sheep and goats dislike stepping in them.
- Depth of water allows waterfowl to bathe their heads to their eyes and nostrils.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Linda M from Delaware
I am a breeder of Shetland sheep dogs, so with multiple dogs I need a water trough. I had been using a goat trough for quite a while but it was supposed to be hooked onto a fence not sit on a floor. After one too many times of the dogs tipping the trough over and flooding the kitchen, I found PortaTrough and replaced it. So far the dogs have found it to be good. Great size too.
Karen M from Washington
I purchased 4 of the Porta Trough 3's, I have deer, Canada geese, multiple species of ducks, ravens and other critters on my property. I wanted a safe clean way to feed and water and these troughs are wonderful. They are lite to move, yet very strong. They also clean up very easily. Thank you for a great product.
Elyse C from California
We have a large and 2 small troughs. They are easy to move, clean, and suit our sheep perfectly for water and feed.
Cynthia M from Texas
My ram lambs still try to stand in it. The short one is long enough for my 4 ram lambs to feed at once.
Matthew D from Florida
I use this feeder for my 3 chickens and two ducks, and it works well enough, although it does have some faults.
Some things I DO like about it is it's deeper than I thought, It would work well for water but I use it as a kind of trough. It's also very heavy, I can imagine it might be hard for small hogs and sheep to knock around.
What I DON'T like about it is it's VERY overpriced, after all it's only a piece of warped plastic, you guys need to lower the price to maybe 29.00 bucks, not 40. That was my two cents.