- Quiet- less motor "whine" is kinder to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- 2700 strokes per minute cutting speed.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motors enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.
- Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- 15% smaller grip than other motors.
- No need for 2 motors if you don't want them- 1 motor will run shear heads or clipper heads (but not both at the same time.)
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound.
Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Thomas T from Arkansas
We normally love these clippers. We had two sets, both developed a short in the cord so I opted to order a new pair and have the other repaired at a later date. We used the new pair one day and they also developed a short in the cord. There is definitely something wrong with the design of these clippers if 100% of them develop the same problem. We would not recommend these clippers until the problem is resolved.
Frank V from Iowa
The reason I needed a new motor was operator error. I was shearing lambs and one ran around behind me and tangled in the cord. Things went down from there. I lunged for the cord, but missed and the lamb made two laps in the catch pen with shears following the lamb. My wife said that when I hit the ground and rolled around I looked like a “beached whale”. Oh well two days later I am back in business. The nine tooth combs are my friends. Thanks Premier!
Leann B from Wisconsin
Great clipper. The service was the best — I dropped off for shipping on Friday evening and had it at my door on Wednesday!
Joe W from Michigan
Our motor died, so we purchased a new motor for our clippers. And away we go... good as new!
Mike S from South Dakota
Had a clipper fail on a Friday. Ordered a new body and was at our doorstep Monday. During the holiday season! During bull clipping season they understand the importance of down time.