Attractive, long lasting, breathable, proven screen for barns, sheds, chicken tractors and so much more. Also useful for barn doors, windows and deck screens. Provides exceptional ventilation while keeping out the elements. Stops most wind, rain and snow from covering livestock or covered equipment.
PVC coated polyester has lasted 20 years (so far) on Premier's sheep barns—maintenance free! We add it to every new barn and use it to upgrade old barns.
Note: Sold by the linear foot. When ordering UltraScreen, please enter the length (in feet) in the QTY box.
- Stops 80% of wind and 90% of rain and snow.
- Allows about 20% of light through. Shady but not dark.
- PVC coated polyester (has lasted 20 years so far on Premier's Sheep barns).
- Sold by the linear foot in 4 widths. For example a piece 100 ft long by 6.56 ft wide would cost $350—$3.50 times 100 ft. Puzzled by the unusual widths? It’s actually 1, 2, 3, and 3.2 meters. If stretching and tensioning this material, order an additional 4-5 feet.
- Available in green and black.
- Can be used for a multitude of applications (sheds, barns, chicken tractors).
- Rot proof.
- 3.6 tons tensile strength.
- Tear resistant.
- UV stabilized.
How to Use
- UltraScreen needs to be stretched (tensioned) from end to end.
- First sandwich and roll two feet of it between two 2x4s. The roll is then screwed together. Firmly secure that to the building at one end with lag screws.
- Attach the other end of UltraScreen (in a similar sandwich roll) to a tractor loader and use that to pull the screen tight (UltraScreen is very strong!). Once the screen is leveled, lag screw the loose end to the barn.
- Finally, secure it with treated wood and screws to the top, the bottom and interim wooden uprights.
Rodents can chew through the mesh.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
John O from Missouri
I installed UltraScreen on the sides of a partially enclosed/walled metal 20x30 carport. I attached wood runners to the steel, in order to secure the screen material. I am very pleased with its appearance, as well as its function. This easily solved the dilemma I had about enclosing my carport/lambing shed to protect from the weather, and yet maintain plenty of ventilation. If it last as long as reported, I think this is a superior product and more people would be pleased to learn of its' existence.