Attractive, long lasting, breathable, proven screen for barns, sheds, chicken tractors and so much more. Also useful for barn doors, windows and deck screens. Provides exceptional ventilation while keeping out the elements. Stops most wind, rain and snow from covering livestock or covered equipment.
PVC coated polyester has lasted 20 years (so far) on Premier's sheep barns—maintenance free! We add it to every new barn and use it to upgrade old barns.
Note: Sold by the linear foot. When ordering UltraScreen, please enter the length (in feet) in the QTY box.
- Stops 80% of wind and 90% of rain and snow.
- Allows about 20% of light through. Shady but not dark.
- PVC coated polyester (has lasted 20 years so far on Premier's Sheep barns).
- Sold by the linear foot in 4 widths. For example a piece 100 ft long by 6.56 ft wide would cost $350—$3.50 times 100 ft. Puzzled by the unusual widths? It’s actually 1, 2, 3, and 3.2 meters. If stretching and tensioning this material, order an additional 4-5 feet.
- Can be used for a multitude of applications (sheds, barns, chicken tractors, barn doors, windows and deck screens)
- Stops most wind, rain and snow
- Provides exceptional ventilation
- Rot proof
- 3.6 tons tensile strength
- Tear resistant
- UV stabilized
How to Use
- UltraScreen needs to be stretched (tensioned) from end to end.
- First sandwich and roll two feet of it between two 2x4s. The roll is then screwed together. Firmly secure that to the building at one end with lag screws.
- Attach the other end of UltraScreen (in a similar sandwich roll) to a tractor loader and use that to pull the screen tight (UltraScreen is very strong!). Once the screen is leveled, lag screw the loose end to the barn.
- Finally, secure it with treated wood and screws to the top, the bottom and interim wooden uprights.
Rodents can chew through the mesh.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brad B from Illinois
I has previously purchased a 6x20 shade cloth from a "growers supply". I knew the moment I opened the box I'd made a mistake, it was light, and flimsy, made from material I knew wouldn't last, and the other vendor took 6 weeks to get it to me.
THEN, I purchased 35 feet of Premier's UltraScreen. What a contrast, PrePremier'smiers product was just what I wanted, very strong, and tough. I stretched it with a chain ratchet, and applied to an outside deck, great for shade and wind protection. I've actually had a product similar to Premiers on my barn for nearly 20 years. It's never failed!
Anthony P from Georgia
When I compare this screen to the standard screen that was there before. The appearance of this screen is much better. It's many times stronger and more durable. It blocks out more sunlight.
These are all positives but they are not the reason why I bought this screen. I purchased this screen because it's advertised to "stop most wind, rain, and snow". This is absolutely not true. When it rains, I'm getting almost as much rain as the previous screen and it absolutely doesn't block out most of the rain. This is a huge disappointment considering the time and sweat equity put into re-screening 17 windows. I would not recommend this screen if it's bought with the purpose of being a rain deterrent. It will not do that.
Gypsy B from Washington
Not exactly what I was looking for. The material is soft.
Robert W from Mississippi
Great product. Wrapped a corn crib style farmer's market (2500 sq ft) that has 10 ft tall sides. Love the visibility looking out and in. Recommend anyone to use this product for any screening needs. You will be very happy with it I assure you.
Kevin M from New Jersey
Really great for my chicken and duck runs. Keeps most rain out and blocks the wind. Holds up well after several years.