Remote Control & Fault Finder for Speedrite 6000, 12000i & 18000i Energizers
3 in 1 tester for fence voltage, intensity of current and fault finder. Indicates which direction a fault (leak) in your fence is located.
Also acts as a remote to turn on or off a Speedrite remote controlled energizer (6000, 12000i & 18000i) from anywhere on the fence.
Remote must be touching fence to allow energizer to be turned on or off.
How to Use
- Press lower button on the handset.
- Insert the fence wire into the Fault finder slot, ensuring that the fence wire touches the Fault finder contact.
- After a few seconds, the voltage is displayed in the top, right-hand corner of the display in kilovolts (kV).
Replacing the battery: As indicated by the low battery figure shown on the screen.
- Unscrew the case back.
- Unclip the old battery and replace it with a new 9 V alkaline battery.
- Screw the case back into place, taking care not to trap the battery leads under the screws or in the case assembly.
Caring for the Handset
- Do not leave the handset in direct sunlight, for instance on a vehicle dashboard.
- Use only a damp cloth to clean the handset
- If the handset gets wet, wipe it dry and place it face down to allow any water to run out of the speaker grill.
See PDF above for configuring a handset to your energizer, changing the settings and troubleshooting tips.
When the unit reads "LL" or "low batt," the battery on the tester (not the energizer's battery) is low and needs to be replaced.