RFID Readers for Ear Tags
Handheld EID/RFID ear tag readers from Gallagher collect and store vital livestock management information. For use with both HDX (Half Duplex) and FDX-B (Full Duplex) electronic animal ID tags.
HR4 & HR5 Features:
- Animal Performance Software (APS) included. Choose multiple traits to record against each animal such as breed, sex, deworming dates and pregnancy status.
- Make sorting decisions in the field.
- Smartphone compatible!
- Connects via Bluetooth to weigh scales.
- Transfer data quickly to a PC via USB or WI-FI.
- Dimensions: 27" x 8.5" x 3.3"
- Internal battery type: Nickel–metal hydride
- Typical recharging time: 8 hours
- Compatible with HDX and FDX-B electronic animal ID tags
- Warranty: 1 year (2 years if registered with manufacturer)
- Bluetooth-enabled Handheld EID Reader & Data Collector
- USB cable and charger
- USB car adapter
- Instruction manual
- Protective carrying case
- Animal Performance Software (APS)
Animal Performance Software (APS)APS can be installed on your PC from the CD provided. It enables the transfer of data between the reader and a PC via Bluetooth, WI-FI, or USB. APS can also be used with other Gallagher Weighing & EID equipment to serve as the main database for all of your animal information. For further details refer to the APS User Guide (accessible via the Help menu in APS).
- Collect data, not just EID numbers. Choose multiple traits to record against each animal such as breed, sex, condition score and pregnancy status.
- Make drafting decisions in the yard. For example, use pre-defined sort groups to quickly identify the animal you're seeking.
- Transfer and analyze data easily on a PC or laptop with included software and cables.
- Receive immediate tag read feedback with a vibrating handle, loud beeper and super bright LED at end of snout.
- Easy to read 2.8" backlit color display with high-resolution graphics—easy to read indoors and out.
The HR5 offers additional time-saving features:
- Integrated alpha-numeric keypad. Numeric, text, date and pick-list type traits can be entered in the field. (e.g. Recording an observation using a text entry field. Animal notes can be set to appear when the animal is next scanned.)
- Create new sessions without a computer. Valuable with impromptu treatments.
- Link a mother’s ID to their newborns as soon as the RFID ear tag has been inserted.