RFID Readers for Ear Tags
Handheld EID/RFID ear tag readers from Gallagher collect and store vital livestock management information. For use with both HDX (Half Duplex) and FDX-B (Full Duplex) electronic animal ID tags.
HR4 & HR5 Features:
- Animal Performance Software (APS) included. Choose multiple traits to record against each animal such as breed, sex, deworming dates and pregnancy status.
- Make sorting decisions in the field.
- Smartphone compatible!
- Connects via Bluetooth to weigh scales.
- Transfer data quickly to a PC via USB or WI-FI.
- Dimensions: 27" x 8.5" x 3.3"
- Internal battery type: Nickel–metal hydride
- Typical recharging time: 8 hours
- Compatible with HDX and FDX-B electronic animal ID tags
- Warranty: 1 year (2 years if registered with manufacturer)
- Bluetooth-enabled Handheld EID Reader & Data Collector
- USB cable and charger
- USB car adapter
- Instruction manual
- Protective carrying case
- Animal Performance Software (APS)
Animal Performance Software (APS)APS can be installed on your PC from the CD provided. It enables the transfer of data between the reader and a PC via Bluetooth, WI-FI, or USB. APS can also be used with other Gallagher Weighing & EID equipment to serve as the main database for all of your animal information. For further details refer to the APS User Guide (accessible via the Help menu in APS).
- Collect data, not just EID numbers. Choose multiple traits to record against each animal such as breed, sex, condition score and pregnancy status.
- Make drafting decisions in the yard. For example, use pre-defined sort groups to quickly identify the animal you're seeking.
- Transfer and analyze data easily on a PC or laptop with included software and cables.
- Receive immediate tag read feedback with a vibrating handle, loud beeper and super bright LED at end of snout.
- Easy to read 2.8" backlit color display with high-resolution graphics—easy to read indoors and out.
The HR5 offers additional time-saving features:
- Integrated alpha-numeric keypad. Numeric, text, date and pick-list type traits can be entered in the field. (e.g. Recording an observation using a text entry field. Animal notes can be set to appear when the animal is next scanned.)
- Create new sessions without a computer. Valuable with impromptu treatments.
- Link a mother’s ID to their newborns as soon as the RFID ear tag has been inserted.
How to Use
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Allysse S from Wisconsin
I have owned an HR5 for over a year and I have a lot of pride in the record keeping I am able to record, look up, and provide to my veterinarian and buyers. You don’t need internet to use the wand reader and so you can be anywhere. You also don’t need a laptop to look information up or to sync with it. There is a learning curve because the software is robust but the customer service at Gallagher has never let me down. I am also confident in the continued improvements to the program and a future ability to sync the data on a phone app.
Diana S from California
The scanner part works great, but the product and software are from 2013 and it feels like it. Everything feels slow and klunky. Bluetooth connection is available but hard to set up. Trait recording options are limited (is the breed an Angus, Hereford... what?) Do you even have a DVD on your computer to load the software? And on and on. Get a cheap handheld RF reader and create your own database, you'll save time, money, and the results will be the same.