SI-RO-MARK™ Marking Fluid
SI-RO-MARK is available from sheep and wool supply firms throughout the USA. If you do not find it at your farm and ranch store, have them contact Premier. (We're the national importer and distributor.)
- 1.06 gallon
- Made in Australia specifically for use on sheep as a marking fluid
How to Use
- Shake tin and stir well with a broad flat paddle before using.
- Dip the face of the Premier Branding Iron in the fluid. Let the paint drip off the iron (into the can) to remove excess paint.
- Press firmly against the sheep.
- Let the sheep go after branding to prevent rubbing and smearing.
- Mix paint (shake/stir) well.
- In cold climates, set the can in a warm room or warm water bath for 5-10 minutes as the paint thickens when cool.
- Use thin paint brands, not thick. The thicker the brand, the more paint is applied that needs to be or can't be washed out later.
- During application, let the paint drip off the iron (into the can) to remove excess paint.
- Brand on head, top of shoulders or neck. (Avoid the middle of the back or side for branding. This places paint in the highest value portion of the fleece.)
- Put paint in a fire to warm or thin it
- Mix paints from different manufacturers
- Let paint freeze
- Dilute unless otherwise directed by the manufacturer (consult the label)
Marking will last up to 2-4 months with variables (such as weather, wool etc).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Handling EquipmentItem #911900 -
Panels allow animals to be diverted through the side of the chute. Enables 3-way sorting with a single pass of a herd or flock through the chute.$353.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ana C from California
Very disappointed. Not for use on goats.
Henry B from Minnesota
Easy to use. Easy to see. Paint stays on much longer then marking spray. Makes breeding/lambing/culling much easier.
Lynden B from Oregon
This paint is great - goes on/stays on even wet wool. Much better than all other paints we have tried. Easy to match lambs/ewes in the field.
Larry H from Michigan
We have used this paint for years. Yes, it does not dry quick. Yes, it does only last a short time (several months) but... it works for us and we use it to quickly identify lambs. Our lambs are also tagged, but the paint numbers are always legible and we can quickly identify a problem and get it pared to the right ewe without going to the house and looking up a ear tag number. If we need the number longer than a few month's we can re-brand them.
Erica D from Florida
Takes too long to dry. Useless on live animals that move and possibly touch others or objects before the paint is dry.