Solar Shed Lights
- Solar panel (with bracket), 3 watt, 12V
- Solar panel: 9" x 5-3/4"
- Powerpack, 3.7V 4000 mAh lithium battery
- 2-LED bulb lamps, 0.9W 90Lm super brightness (including 13 ft cables with on/off switch)
- Mobile phone charger cable with 10 adapters
- Lights will run about 7 to 14 hours depending on solar charge time
- Provides light to coops and sheds not accessible by standard 110V power.
- Aids in checking livestock during nighttime chores.
- Light output is similar to that of a 20 watt bulb.
How to Use
- When attaching bracket to backside of solar panel it helps to think of the two metal plates as a clamp. The trick is to first assemble the clamp loosely with the bolts. Then slide the clamp onto the lip on the back of the solar panel's frame. (The larger plate goes over, the smaller plate slides under.) Position the clamp where it works best for your application and tighten the bolts. Note: The holes on the frame of the solar panel will not be used.
- Mount the solar panel so it is in full sun facing south.
- Mount the power pack to an inside wall to keep it out of the elements. Securely fasten it so it's not dangling.
- Make sure that the solar panel has had adequate time to charge the power pack (normally 6-8 hours of sun exposure).
- Activate switch on power pack; then use the switch on each light cord to turn the lights on/off as needed.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David P from Nebraska
Easy to install and works as advertised.
Sara M from New Hampshire
I live in the northeast and dark comes early in the in fall and Winter here. These make the after-work feeds much easier, plus the occasional need to see what is going on in the barns. I don’t use them often but they have always been reliable enough that I ordered another set for my “baby” barn. Easy to install and you have all the parts you need in this kit.
Doni A from Colorado
I now have six of these lights (I reordered 3 additional ones after seeing how good they were), two mounted in each of two run-in sheds, two that will be used in an eventual third run-in shed.
I’ve mounted each unit’s lamps at either end, hanging from the rafters and attached with small fence staples. The wires are plenty long enough to reach wherever one might want. The brackets for mounting the unit leave a bit to be desired; their installation is not intuitive. There are two ways to turn the lights on: individual switches for each lamp or via the unit’s box — which helps when the lamps are mounted too high to reach the switches. I leave the individual lights on and turn the switch on only when I need the lights to operate.
Each of the 4 units charges easily. The lamps will not suffice for surgery or work necessitating super bright light, but on a dark night, they are very bright. Mine are in 12'x24' spaces; in smaller areas I would imagine they would appear even brighter.
Ursula K from Georgia
Bought a similar product from another retailer before that was not as easy to install and never worked right. This setup, I had it installed in about 45 minutes. The only reason for taking that long I couldn’t decide where to put the lights exactly.
Susan H from Georgia
These far exceeded my expectation. Couldn’t believe how bright the lights were! Installation was sooo easy. Will buy more.