Solar Shed Lights
- Solar panel (with bracket), 3 watt, 12V
- Solar panel: 9" x 5-3/4"
- Powerpack, 3.7V 4000 mAh lithium battery
- 2-LED bulb lamps, 0.9W 90Lm super brightness (including 13 ft cables with on/off switch)
- Mobile phone charger cable with 10 adapters
- Lights will run about 7 to 14 hours depending on solar charge time
- Provides light to coops and sheds not accessible by standard 110V power.
- Aids in checking livestock during nighttime chores.
- Light output is similar to that of a 20 watt bulb.
How to Use
- When attaching bracket to backside of solar panel it helps to think of the two metal plates as a clamp. The trick is to first assemble the clamp loosely with the bolts. Then slide the clamp onto the lip on the back of the solar panel's frame. (The larger plate goes over, the smaller plate slides under.) Position the clamp where it works best for your application and tighten the bolts. Note: The holes on the frame of the solar panel will not be used.
- Mount the solar panel so it is in full sun facing south.
- Mount the power pack to an inside wall to keep it out of the elements. Securely fasten it so it's not dangling.
- Make sure that the solar panel has had adequate time to charge the power pack (normally 6-8 hours of sun exposure).
- Activate switch on power pack; then use the switch on each light cord to turn the lights on/off as needed.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Shanna B from Idaho
I really like mine but one wire got cut or chewed in half. Wish I could buy a replacement light.
Marianne A from New York
Waste of money. I bought this and received it in late December 2019. It was too cold to install it so I waited until the fall of 2020 to set it up. It worked well from October 2020 until January 2021 and then stopped working. I initially thought that it was possibly because the days were short and the batteries were not able to charge. I left the system up all summer and sporadically tried turning it on. Never worked. I now believe that the battery pack just won't take a charge. I gleaned the serial number and type off the battery pack to replace it and learned that the replacement batteries cost as much as a new unit! Not good!
Vicki A from Massachusetts
Just installed last week and working well. Limited sun by the hay storage shed, so it took ages to charge the battery, but that’s the fault of the location. Nice and bright in the shed now!
David P from Nebraska
Easy to install and works as advertised.
Sara M from New Hampshire
I live in the northeast and dark comes early in the in fall and Winter here. These make the after-work feeds much easier, plus the occasional need to see what is going on in the barns. I don’t use them often but they have always been reliable enough that I ordered another set for my “baby” barn. Easy to install and you have all the parts you need in this kit.