Speedrite Extreme Tape
Many prefer 1/2" tape for temporary cattle fences and it's very effective at stopping deer and horses. Can also be used for semi-permanent fences.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
|Speedrite Extreme Tape|
|Color||White with 2 red strands|
|Conductivity||21 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Conductive Filaments||6 tinned copper|
|Visibility to Animals||Good|
|Mildew Resistance||Very good|
|Probable Lifespan*||3 years|
- Attach a terminal insulator to an end post.
- Tie end of tape to terminal insulator.
- Unroll tape along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert tape in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie tape to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave extra tape on the reel.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store tape.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer.
Properly energized fences last longer and require less maintenance—because animals do not crowd, rub or scratch on them. Confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line. Tree limbs that fall upon the fence must be removed immediately.
Spacing of line posts must be adjusted to terrain. Always put a post at top of hills and bottom of valleys. Vary the spacing of rope strands according to type and size of animal(s), fence usage (boundary vs. subdivision) and the number of strands.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—45", 24"
- For Swine:
- 3-strand fence—24", 15", 6"
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
For dry soil and snowy conditions, convert the fence to “positive/negative” by connecting every other strand to a galvanized stake driven into the soil.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$97.00