- 3 years probable life*
- Use for: Portable fences
- Color: White/orange/white
- Size: 1/2" wide
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 1929 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Fair
- Type of conductive filaments: Stainless steel
- Number of conductive filaments: 6
- Ability to be seen by animals: Fair
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of tape to terminal insulator.
- Unroll tape along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert tape in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie tape to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave extra tape on the reel.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store tape.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—45", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.