VersaNest™ Laying Box
New! Versatile nesting boxes allow egg collection without disturbing peck-prone hens. Sloped floors allow freshly laid eggs to roll-out into a separate compartment, keeping eggs clean from manure and other nesting material.
- Eggs roll down full-length nesting pads into a collection tray, away from the hen
- Collection tray can be mounted to either the front or rear of the nest
- Use as a community nest (like our EcoNest Colony Box) or install the included dividers for a segmented nesting box (for shy hens)
2-hole or 4-hole capacities for medium to large flocks.
- Reversible egg collection tray can be installed either forward-facing or “out the back”
- Collection tray lid opens away from the nest to reduce debris from entering nesting area
- Removable nesting pads cover the entire floor surface, from laying area to egg tray
- Use as a colony box (blue privacy curtains provided) or with segmented compartments (for shy hens)
- Sloped top prevents the hens from roosting
- Oversized metal roosting perch is designed for chickens’ feet; lift hinged bar to exclude hens from laying area
- Ventilated sides allow extra airflow and reduce condensation
- Galvanized metal construction resists corrosion from moisture and manure
|Nest Box Comparison|
|VersaNest™ Laying Box||EcoNest Colony Box|
|Dimensions||20.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H||40.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H||46.5"L x 19.5"W x 21"H|
|Number of Hens||Up to 22||Up to 45||Up to 45|
Download assembly instructions above. Assembly video coming soon!