VersaNest™ Laying Box
Versatile nesting boxes allow egg collection without disturbing peck-prone hens. Sloped floors allow freshly laid eggs to roll-out into a separate compartment, keeping eggs clean from manure and other nesting material.
- Eggs roll down full-length nesting pads into a collection tray, away from the hen
- Collection tray can be mounted to either the front or rear of the nest
- Use as a community nest (like our EcoNest Colony Box) or install the included dividers for a segmented nesting box (for shy hens)
2-hole or 4-hole capacities for medium to large flocks.
- Reversible egg collection tray can be installed either forward-facing or “out the back”
- Collection tray lid opens away from the nest to reduce debris from entering nesting area
- Removable nesting pads cover the entire floor surface, from laying area to egg tray
- Use as a colony box (blue privacy curtains provided) or with segmented compartments (for shy hens)
- Sloped top prevents the hens from roosting
- Oversized metal roosting perch is designed for chickens’ feet; lift hinged bar to exclude hens from laying area
- Ventilated sides allow extra airflow and reduce condensation
- Galvanized metal construction resists corrosion from moisture and manure
|Nest Box Comparison|
|VersaNest™ Laying Box||EcoNest Colony Box|
|Dimensions||20.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H||40.5"L x 19.5"W x 20"H||46.5"L x 19.5"W x 21"H|
|Number of Hens||Up to 22||Up to 45||Up to 45|
Download assembly instructions above.
Egg Handling SuppliesItem #530162 -
Unique way to store and display your backyard eggs on your countertop. Take from the bottom, add to the top and you will always be using the oldest eggs.$33.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Elisabeth O from New Hampshire
The directions are pretty horrible. I ended up taking it apart twice before I realized the last page of the 2 options for putting together were swapped. Our chickens don’t love it yet, but hopeful to get them to swap.
Robert W from Pennsylvania
The only problem I had with the nest box is when you close it up at night a full size chicken can still get in over the top of the bar. Other than that a really nice nest box.
Henri M from North Carolina
Great nest box so far. My eggs are coming out clean and safe. Fairly simple to put together. If I had to do it over again would still purchase this. Would recommend this to anyone who doesn’t feel like making their own.
Zayne S from Texas
I am giving this 3 stars (my HenGear box would get a 4.5.) This product is good but could use improvements:
- No back so you have to add one or mount to a solid wall
- In reverse rollout mode, if you mount the box inside with collection outside, you will have to drill some holes and somewhat re-engineer the egg door (they did not account for wall thickness)
- Needs one solid mat, not multiple mats — hens just scratch around and move the mats and then eggs don't roll
- Red flaps not blue would be better and a wood perch
Jeffrey W from Minnesota
Seems like a solid product. That being said I am taking a star off because the instructions are absolutely terrible. I like to consider myself a pretty handy person, but these instructions are ridiculous.