Wise Cage Feeder, 10 lb
- Capacity: 10 lbs
- Size: 10"H, 5.5"W, 11.5"L
- Material: gray or green plastic
- Suited for: adults
- Number fed: 40
- Use inside or outside: inside and outside
- Grill: yes
- Can it hang: no
- Use a Silo Extender to increase feeder capacity.
- Suitable for pellets, wheat, barley and maize
- Hooks onto cage for easy mounting.
- Includes rain hood that helps keep out moisture.
- Lid cleverly hooks onto the side of feeder when filling.
- Thumb screws easily adjusts feed level.
- Rolled lip discourages the scratching of feed.
- Small holes in the bottom of feeder drain away fine dust.
How to Use
Fits to runs or cages made with stiff wire, not chicken wire (it's too light).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
JoAnn T from Massachusetts
Well, I was super excited to get this after reading all the reviews and I thought to myself “just in time” as we had a torrential rain storm. And, bummer, the feed inside was wet on the sides and into the hard to reach crevices. Cleaning it out of the crevices was difficult… I really wanted this to work.
Carol H from California
I've every type of feeder, and I find this one to be the best. I have not seen other critters (squirrels, birds, etc.) getting into this feeder, and it is difficult for the chickens to waste the feed. It also protects the feed from rain. I have 8 coops, and have been keeping chickens for 10 years now. If they weren't so darned expensive, I would have one in every coop.
Brent H from Minnesota
We have purchased 5 of these units and we really like them! We have them in large outdoor aviary cages for starlings. We have only used them for about 3-4 months, but so far everyone who has had a chance to work with the feeders like how easy they are to use. Also the birds seem to waste a little less food out of these vs our other style. I really like these units!
Corey V from Maryland
I only have two complaints. It’s a bit too small and is overpriced. It works as advertised and keeps the feed dry.
Steven S from Oregon
Very happy with the feeder. I would have given it a 5 star review but the top/lid comes off very easily. I had to drill holes to run a clip through it to keep the lid on securely.