NutraStart® Milk Replacer for Lambs
*Item #622320B (Bulk Pricing) is subject to shipping charges due to oversized and/or overweight items. Use the following table as a general estimate. Exact shipping charges will vary based on your location. We will contact you via phone or email with a quote before the product is shipped.
Estimated Shipping Cost for Bulk Pricing
|# of Bags||Weight||Shipping Cost|
|Zone A||Zone B||Zone C|
- Crude Protein, min 23.00%
- Crude Fat, min 30.00%
- Crude Fiber, max 0.15%
- Calcium, min 0.55%
- Calcium, max 1.05%
- Phosphorus, min 0.60%
- Selenium, min 0.3 ppm
- Vitamin A, min 20,000 IU/lb
- Vitamin D3, min 5,000 IU/lb
- Vitamin E, min 50 IU/lb
Ingredients: Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey, Dried Milk, Animal and Vegetable Fat (Preserved with BHA and BHT), Dried Whey Product, Lecithin, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Choline Chloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, [Sodium Propionate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Propionate (Preservatives)], Ferrous Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Oxide, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Sodium Aluminate, Sodium Selenite, Artificial Flavor
Manufactured by Milk Specialties under the NutraStart® brand name.
- Enhanced flavor and aroma
- Added vitamins and minerals
- Easy-mixing. Use our whisk to make it easier
- No copper added—reduces the occurrence of copper toxicity
How to Use
For LambsMix at the rate of 2 lb powder per gallon of water [4 oz (by weight) of powder with 1 pint of water]. Use enclosed scoop.
- Ensure that the lamb receives colostrum during its first 12 hours of life.
- For best results, mix powder with cold water and offer ad-lib to lambs through a nipple feeder. Milk should be available at all times. Milk will stay fresh for up to 24 hours due to the addition of unique acids and preservatives.
- For hand feeding with a nipple bottle or restricted feeding, offer milk warm at 100˚F. It is recommended to offer 3 - 6 feedings per day of warm milk during the first two weeks of life and thereafter 2 feedings per day. Never offer more than 1/2 pint per feeding.
- Provide good quality lamb creep at 3-6 days of age and restrict hay intake to the amount a lamb will eat in an hour.
- Wean lambs at a minimum of 30 days of age and weighing at least 25 lb.
For Goat KidsMix at the rate of 1-1/2 lb powder per gallon of water [3 oz (by weight) of powder with 1 pint of water]. Use enclosed scoop.
Warm Restricted Feeding: Mix powder in 1/2 quantity of water at 120˚F and then dilute to volume and feed at 98˚F. For the first few days, feed a limited quantity (max of 1 pint) per feeding up to 3 to 4 times per day. Best results are achieved feeding milk warm (98˚F).
Cold Ad-Lib Feeding: Mix powder in 1/3 quantity of water at 120˚F and then dilute to volume and feed at room temperature. This method works well for raising larger groups of kids that have been removed from the mother soon after birth. It is the recommended system when a number of kids are being taken away, as with a milking herd.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Teats and NipplesItem #562700 -
Easy to clean, wide mouth plastic bottle for feeding orphan lambs or goat kids.$5.60
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Martin S from Texas
Just simply an excellent product. Orphan lambs take to it quickly, they grow fast and healthy, and it last for a few days which reduces the cost of wasted milk that was not consumed.
Chris B from Alabama
Our bottle babies love it, no problems with getting them to accept the bottle. Mixes easily and thoroughly. We have raised several bottle babies over the last few years and all have been very healthy and grown into healthy adults.