Aesculap Medium Clipping Blades
A general purpose clipping set. For haired and medium wooled animals including cattle, horses and sheep. 0.11" cutting depth.
For use with Aesculap Econom CL and Bonum clipping machines.
Note: You must purchase both a top and bottom blade for a complete set.
- For use with Aesculap Econom CL and Bonum clipping machines
- 0.11" cutting depth
- Top Blade
- 23 teeth
- Manufacturer part #: GT505
- Bottom Blade
- 23 teeth
- Manufacturer part #: GT506
- Abrasion-resistant carbon steel for consistent, long-lasting cutting quality; can be sharpened repeatedly
- Made in Germany
Aesculap Clipping Blades Compared
|15 teeth (top)
31 teeth (bottom)
|23 teeth (top)
23 teeth (bottom)
|17 teeth (top)
18 teeth (bottom)
How to Use
Changing the Clipping Blades
- Important: Be sure to remove the lithium-ion battery before removing the clipper blades.
- Loosen the secondary locking ring and tension knob on top of the clipper head by 2 full rotations.
- For ease of installation, turn machine upside down.
- Loosen both clamping screws on the bottom blade. Pull the bottom blade forward and then remove the top blade.
- Before inserting the new top blade, ensure the recess on the oscillator arm is positioned over the center crank block.
- Install the top blade first. Ensure the oscillator pegs are aligned with the holes on the top blade.
- Slide the bottom blade over the top blade and below the clamping screws. The slots on the bottom blade should fit firmly against the clipper head.
- Firmly tighten both clamping screws. (You should be able to read the imprinting on the bottom blade if installed correctly.)
- Before turning the unit right side up, tighten the tension knob on top of the clipper head until you feel slight resistance. This keeps the top blade positioned correctly when turning the unit over.
Setting the Correct Tension
- Loosen the secondary locking ring and tighten the tension knob on top of the clipper head until you begin to feel resistance.
- Turn the unit on. Adjust the tension knob until you hear a steady hum. If you hear a high pitched sound (or chatter), the tension is too loose, or too tight.
- Tighten the secondary locking ring. The machine is now ready for use.
- While clipping, repeat steps 1–3 to make tension adjustments. (e.g. If the blades aren't cutting well, increase tension.)
- Ensure blades remain properly lubricated.
Oiling the Clipper Head:
- Important: Oil the clipper blades while the machine is running!
- Use a lightweight clipping oil for lubrication.
- As a general rule, add 3 drops of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth. Most do not lubricate often enough and use too much oil when they do.
- If hair, wool or fiber is very dry (e.g. alpaca or llama fiber) lubrication must be applied more frequently.
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
#10 White Clipping Oil, 8 oz bottleItem #258300 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$4.20
#10 White Clipping Oil, 1/2 gal. jugItem #258400 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$20.25
Resharpen - LARGE Clipper Blades (per set)Item #868800 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$7.00
Clipping and Shearing Machines
Aesculap Econom CL Clipper (Fitter) PackageItem #832300 -
High-speed large cordless clipper plows through dense hair and fiber. It’s an uncompromising tool for the farm, or at the show.$712.00
Clipping and Shearing Machines
Aesculap Bonum Cordless Clipper PackageItem #832100 -
Large cordless livestock clipper features a sleek, ergonomic grip for small hands. Powerful, lightweight and quiet (won’t spook your animals.)$479.00