Aesculap Bonum Cordless Clipper
New! Powerful, large cordless clipping machine from Aesculap features a sleek, ergonomic grip for smaller hands. Lightweight and well-balanced, this unit is also very quiet—only 65db while running, so it won’t spook your animals.
- Bonum clipper
- Aesculap Fine Blade Set with screwdriver
- 2 lithium-ion batteries
- 110V battery charger with LED indicator
- Hard shell storage case
- 3 oz. oil
- Instruction manual
- Dimensions: 11.6"L x 3"W x 3"H
- Weight: 31.7 oz/1.98 lbs (with blades and battery)
- Ergonomic body fits most hands: 1.6" dia in grip area
- 10.8V DC motor generates 2500 strokes/min at 65dB
- Kit includes (2) 2000 mAh lithium-ion batteries
- 110V battery charger with LED status indicator
- Battery runtime: 80 minutes (55 minute recharge)
- High-temp shut off prevents overheating
- Equipped with an Aesculap Fine Blade Set (15 teeth top, 31 bottom) for a smooth, even cut
- 3 oz clipping oil
- Hard shell storage case
- Made in Germany
For use with Aesculap large clippers:
Premier blades are NOT compatible with this machine. Use only Aesculap brand large clipper blades.
How to Use
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Changing the Clipping Blades
- Important: Be sure to remove the lithium-ion battery before removing the clipper blades.
- Loosen the secondary locking ring and tension knob on top of the clipper head by 2 full rotations.
- For ease of installation, turn machine upside down.
- Loosen both clamping screws on the bottom blade. Pull the bottom blade forward and then remove the top blade.
- Before inserting the new top blade, ensure the recess on the oscillator arm is positioned over the center crank block.
- Install the top blade first. Ensure the oscillator pegs are aligned with the holes on the top blade.
- Slide the bottom blade over the top blade and below the clamping screws. The slots on the bottom blade should fit firmly against the clipper head.
- Firmly tighten both clamping screws. (You should be able to read the imprinting on the bottom blade if installed correctly.)
- Before turning the unit right side up, tighten the tension knob on top of the clipper head until you feel slight resistance. This keeps the top blade positioned correctly when turning the unit over.
Setting the Correct Tension
- Loosen the secondary locking ring and tighten the tension knob on top of the clipper head until you begin to feel resistance.
- Turn the unit on. Adjust the tension knob until you hear a steady hum. If you hear a high pitched sound (or chatter), the tension is too loose, or too tight.
- Tighten the secondary locking ring. The machine is now ready for use.
- While clipping, repeat steps 1–3 to make tension adjustments. (e.g. If the blades aren't cutting well, increase tension.)
- Ensure blades remain properly lubricated.
Troubleshooting the Battery
- Green LED charge level indicator:
- Constant green = battery full
- Flashing green = battery charging
- Red LED battery indicator:
- Constant red = battery not charging due to high temperature
- Flashing red = battery defective or foreign object between contacts
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound.
Use a lightweight clipping oil for lubrication. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade. Every 10 minutes add oil into the small hole in front of the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Those familiar with Premier’s history may remember the 800c Clipper. This clipper was manufactured by Aesculap for Premier. We ultimately discontinued this unit because it did not utilize detachable “A5” type blades which are popular in the USA. The Durati Cordless Clipper solves this by combining proven German engineering and standard snap-on blades.
The Econom CL and Bonum clipping and shearing machines are specifically designed for large animals. Large cordless machines have disappointed us in the past, but these units have left a lasting impression. Their high shearing speed, excellent torque and ergonomic design make them balanced in hand and easy to use.
Premier is an authorized Aesculap repair center and offers a professional resharpening service for most blades, combs and cutters.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #832301 -
High-speed large cordless clipper plows through dense hair and fiber. It’s an uncompromising tool for the farm, or at the show.$141.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Charlie K from South Carolina
Just what I was wanting in a cordless, large animal clipper for clipping my cows.
Carol M from Washington
Amazing clippers! Trimmed my 4 newfoundland dogs in 1 hr and nice job. Can’t wait to try on my draft horses.
Joel A from Ohio
Fast delivery, awesome clippers for my kids ages 12 and 10. They clipped two Jersey heifers for the spring show with one battery. The kids and dad love how the clippers are light, balanced, quiet, and easy for small hands to hold and don’t blow hair all over.
Cynthia H from Georgia
These clippers do exactly what they advertise. I body clipped my cushings warmblood with a thick dirty winter coat. Plowed right thru the coat and dirt in 30 minutes.
The clippers are easy to hold (I have small arthritic hands) and quieter than most brands of body clippers.
The nice part of having a cordless clipper is you can clip your horse anywhere. No tripping over extension cords. A major plus.
Jeff M from Minnesota
Works very well for clipping tails. It’s lightweight and quiet.