ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- The ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips for cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L (approximate size)
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Premier's Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Diana R from Florida
We wont use ANY other... these trimmers are the best!
Sue J from Vermont
These trimmers are the best and come so sharp they cut through thick tough sheep hooves. And what is even better is that Premier can resharpen them. Worth every penny!
Benjamin M from Washington
These trimmers are the gold standard in my opinion. I have the serrated and now the straight—both are great. It's easier to sharpen the straight ones. These will rust, be sure to keep them lightly oiled after use and cleaning.
Patricia M from New York
Nice clippers! They work better than plain edge ones do.
Joan B from Colorado
I have been using ARS trimmers to correctly trim sheep and goat feet for decades. When I was no longer able to purchase them from China, I asked Premier 1 to see if they could get them. These trimmers fit both left handed and right handed users, they remain sharp for a very long time, and they are the right size and weight for most of us to use. As a veterinarian teaching owners how to trim feet on sheep and goats, these are my go-to hooftrimmer.