Poultry Door for Chicken Coops
- Close the coop at night and allow access to the outside when the sun rises.
- Included guides allow the door to open/close without sticking. Pulleys change angle of lift string for optimal placement.
- If the door encounters resistance by an animal or object at closing, movement is stopped and then repeated. Device automatically switches off in the case of motor overload.
- Built-in time delay on the light sensor prevents unwanted opening during storms or unexpected brightening.
- Programmable timer
- Control with integrated motor and cable
- AC adapter
- Set of four pulleys
- Instruction manual
- Ability to program date and time
- Set an opening and closing time for weekdays (Monday–Friday) and weekends (Saturday & Sunday). Note: The door will only open or close at the specified times if automatic mode is active.
- Uses 4 type AA batteries (included).
- Light sensor opens and closes door based on brightness.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Eric T from Michigan
We’ve had the door for about 6 months now and it works great! There’s no power to our coop and I haven’t even had to change the batteries yet. Timer is accurate and reliable, and makes things really convenient. I also used the optional rollers, as the opener is mounted next to the door (not above) and the operation is smooth. So glad we got this door and the chickens are too — especially on the weekends.
Kay W from Michigan
This is such a game changer!
I have my coop door always open in a covered dog kennel so I installed this on plywood on the kennel door. I have it set on the light sensor and it is really nice.
I’m going out of town for a week plus and am struggling to find someone to come let my 12 girls OUT and then IN everyday. Now they can check once a day which works for them and knowing they get out daily makes me feel better!
Mary J from North Carolina
Premier’s Automatic Poultry Door is exactly what we needed to keep our chickens and us separated from the bears. We have always closed the coop door a little after dark each night, but this year pesky black bears have taken up residency in our neighborhood. The Automatic Poultry Door has taken the suspense out of stumbling upon a momma bear and cubs on the way to the chicken house. Another big plus is the door will open, rain or shine, and likewise close.
One suggestion I have for Premier 1 concerns the instruction booklet for installation. The directions read as if they were not written in clear English. We were left following the quick install directions after giving up on the long version. The door is working as expected but more attention to details in the booklet could have saved time and effort.
Cindy F from New York
Having this door has been life changing, however I can only give it four stars because it is not weather proof. I had to buy my own electrical outlet housing box to put it in and drill a hole in the bottom to feed the string through. About 15 bucks on Amazon. I feel the door should come with that. Even if they charge a bit more. It was a hassle. The picture makes it look like you can mount it on the outside of the henhouse. After doing that I've had no issues. Works great.