No-Mess Automatic Poultry Drinker
- Capacity: continuous
- Size: 31"L, 10"W, 8"H. Legs add 2.5"H
- Suited for: adults
- Number of birds: over 100
- Waterfowl: yes
- 22mm float hole
- Legs attached
- Large access holes on each side of the drinker provide fresh and clean water by keeping out most ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys and pigeons.
- Small ducks such as calls or mallards may still fit through the holes to swim.
- Can also be used for large chicken breeds.
How to Use
To clean: Unplug the built-in grommet and drain.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Justus R from Texas
I use this for chickens and geese and it's done a mostly adequate job.
It does have a few annoying aspects:
1. The hose adapter leaks. I managed to get it down to a slow drip which is good enough, but I can't get it any tighter because it's almost impossible to get any tools inside to hold it.
2. The drain port and plug is useless. Even if you drain from the port it's not going to clean out the dirt that accumulates inside and your animals will learn to steal the plug. Put the plug in from the inside so the animals can't remove it. I clean mine by flipping it upside down once per day.
3. The float assembly keeps the water level too high so water continually flows out of the lowest hole. Bending the rod downward slightly will lower the water level and stop this.
4. Mine didn't ship with the legs, so it sits directly on the ground. Maybe that contributes to how dirty the water gets, maybe it wouldn't make a difference.
Mary D from Wisconsin
Had to add 3 washers because the hose adapter leaked and also used white plumbers tape. Trying to figure out how to get my ducks to use it. The chickens figured it out right away since they are so curious.
Michele S from Minnesota
My ducks were making a HUGE mess in the indoor pen with their water. I tried at least 6 other solutions that they figured out and thwarted. This item is a bit expensive but I was desperate. The ducks have to be inside in the MN winter (minus 25 degrees F, and 1 1/2 ft of snow already this year). This is a good solution. I didn't put the float in yet due to the cold, it would just freeze but that will be a good solution when things warm up - in May. The ducks did figure out how to pull the cork out of the waterer and were thrilled with the water stream to play in.
Rebecca O from Washington
I love this product!! Helps make my ducks stay watered and happy and makes it easy on me too!
Candace H from Oregon
This water satisfies both of my problems... keeping the water clean and full. My order came on schedule and in showroom condition. It took a few minutes to snap the feet on and install the float. You will need some plumbing tape and maybe a wrench but it was very easy. Love it, wish I had it this summer.