Baby Lamb Strength Oral
- Crude Fat, min 99.5%
- Vitamin A, min 90,720 IU/lb
- Vitamin D3, min 9,120 IU/lb
- Vitamin E, min 48,000 IU/lb
Ingredients: Vegetable Oil, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement and Natural Flavor.
- Lambs do not receive vital Vitamin E until their first drink of ewe’s milk (Vitamin E does not cross the placenta). Baby Lamb Strength Oral provides a rapidly absorbed dose to enhance lambs’ performance. Helpful in the prevention of white muscle disease.
- Give to lambs at birth to provide a burst of energy.
- Supplement cold/weak lambs with needed energy and vitamins. Orphans, graftees or multiple birth lambs benefit from the extra nutrition available in each dose.
- If the flock's forage is insufficient in vitamins (concentrate rations or stored forage), use as a booster to remedy the lack of A/D/E. (Consider feeding mineral with added A/D/E to make up for the lack of nutrition.)
- Ewes suffering from ketosis benefit from the rapidly digestible form of energy found in Baby Lamb Strength Oral.
- Add a dose when tube feeding lambs/kids for speedy recoveries.
Research DataThe graph below indicates the blood serum levels developed by Baby Lamb Strength Oral. It represents serum levels in lambs from ewes not supplemented with Vitamin E and Selenium shortly before lambing. These ewes were receiving a normal diet of alfalfa hay and grains.
The recommended dose of Baby Lamb Strength Oral is 4cc which contains, in addition to energy sources, Vitamins A & D, and 400 units of Vitamin E. 300 units of Vitamin E were used in the initial trials. The graphs demonstrate that the new product, which should be given at birth, rapidly increases serum Vitamin E levels to adequate levels. Lambs are born without Vitamin E and the ewes’ milk is the only source available to them unless supplemented. Adequate levels of Vitamin E play an important part in preventing pneumonia and insuring proper growth rate in young lambs. Deficiencies can result in white muscle disease and/or heart failure.
How to Use
The dispensing system provided with this product uniformly measures 4 cc per dose. Oral dosing is best accomplished by dispensing on the back part of the tongue. Dispensed here, you will be assured of minimizing the possibility of choking while minimizing waste of the product.
- Lambs at birth: Orally dose all lambs by 24 hours of age 4–8 cc per lamb.
- Weak, cross-fosters, starve-offs: Orally dose all lambs experiencing stress 8–12 cc as needed.
- Pre-weaning recharge: Orally dose all lambs with 4–8 cc at 3 to 4 weeks of age.
Store between 55º and 85ºF.
Teats and NipplesItem #562700 -
Easy to clean, wide-mouth plastic bottle for feeding orphan lambs or goat kids.$6.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jackie T from Minnesota
We’re using Baby Lamb Strength on a recommendation from our local university. I’m not disappointed. We’ve been using it for goat kids to give them a little extra boost after birth and I can see a difference.
Shantel M from Montana
A lambing must have!
Trent P from Minnesota
Best stuff ever, should have been using it years ago
Donald W from Pennsylvania
Works great for weak newborns or stressed lambs.
Terry E from Missouri
This product shipped fast and proved very effective for premature lambs and gives a good boost to all newborns. A lamb saver! I am convinced it works as advertised.