Get needed nutrition immediately into newborns, with this stomach tuber specifically designed for use with lambs and kids.
- One handed operation
- Easy clean design and material
- Specialized tube tip prevents airway insertion
- Safety indicator strips so the shepherd knows when the tube is safely in position
- Milk directly into the vial from the ewe/nanny without losing precious contents
- Stable base – allows you to pre-fill the vial
- Eye-catching color makes it easy to find
- Flexible gentle tube, but not so soft it could coil in the throat
- Hole at tube end, not the side – good flow and allows cleaning of the whole tube
- Gravity flow – not pressurized, safer and easy to control
- 2" diameter
- 19-1/2" transparent tube (see the milk flow and see when clean)
- 8 oz capacity (one large or two smaller feeds without refilling)
- Tube clip – Holds the tube off the ground, hygienic and handy
- Tube material avoids cracking
How to Use
- Gently pass the tube into the esophagus, until the safety indicators are within the mouth.
- Raise vial. Ensure head and neck remain above the stomach and ensure the tube stays in position.
Shepherd’s Choice® Management TipProducers should NOT tube lambs that cannot hold their heads upright. In most cases these are hypothermic lambs. They need glucose (IP) and warming first. Once the animal has been revived and can hold its head up, then you can use the various stomach tube devices to deliver nourishment.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Shantel M from Montana
Love this Tuber! It’s so much easier and safer in my opinion. I just wish you could purchase extra hoses and not have to buy the entire product again.
Dave M from Wisconsin
Saves lambs! Works great.
William R from Ohio
Very cheaply made.
Mitchell G from Minnesota
Colostrum was too thick to flow through the tubing. It is a good concept. Was pretty bummed it didn’t work for our flock.
Abby B from Nebraska
I've been using the red rubber tube for over 15 years. Ours was getting a little stiff and finally someone bit a hole in it so it was past time to replace. I found 3 to pick from and got all 3 because, you know, one is none and two is one when you need it right away. Anyway I tried this one first and probably won't take the other two out of their packaging.
The Tuber is so much easer and safer to pass with the rounded tip-it goes right down. The red rubber tube always seemed to catch on the back of the throat and you had to twist and turn and triple check to make sure it went to the right place. This one is totally one person if needed and if you have a little experience. The lines are a little hard to see but it would be easy to write on with a sharpie and my eyes are getting older. No more fighting with a syringe that accidentally pops off the red rubber tube and spills milk. The very best thing about this is that tip, it's much easier on the kid, the kid doesn't fight as much because it's more comfortable going down if that's possible.
Hubby says we'll put the other two feeding tubes on a raffle table and buy another one of these. Like it ALOT.