Get needed nutrition immediately into newborns, with this stomach tuber specifically designed for use with lambs and kids.
- One handed operation
- Easy clean design and material
- Specialized tube tip prevents airway insertion
- Safety indicator strips so the shepherd knows when the tube is safely in position
- Milk directly into the vial from the ewe/nanny without losing precious contents
- Stable base – allows you to pre-fill the vial
- Eye-catching color makes it easy to find
- Flexible gentle tube, but not so soft it could coil in the throat
- Hole at tube end, not the side – good flow and allows cleaning of the whole tube
- Gravity flow – not pressurized, safer and easy to control
- 2" diameter
- 19-1/2" transparent tube (see the milk flow and see when clean)
- 8 oz capacity (one large or two smaller feeds without refilling)
- Tube clip – Holds the tube off the ground, hygienic and handy
- Tube material avoids cracking
How to Use
- Gently pass the tube into the esophagus, until the safety indicators are within the mouth.
- Raise vial. Ensure head and neck remain above the stomach and ensure the tube stays in position.
Shepherd’s Choice® Management TipProducers should NOT tube lambs that cannot hold their heads upright. In most cases these are hypothermic lambs. They need glucose (IP) and warming first. Once the animal has been revived and can hold its head up, then you can use the various stomach tube devices to deliver nourishment.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Laura R from Maine
Make sure to order a catheter feeding tube along with this to replace the existing tube! The tip of the tube is very large and hard. My lamb would gag and struggle to swallow this tube end which scared me at first. I felt like I was getting it into her windpipe, but it just turns out that the end was impossibly big for her to swallow down. I always ended up just having to force it a bit as she gaged. I'm certain it hurt her throat quite a bit in the 2 days I needed to tube her. I will be buying a catheter to replace the the tube on this for future lamb feeding emergencies. However, I liked the cup size and the design makes the whole process fairly easy to do by yourself.
Cheryl S from South Dakota
Super handy and easy to use. Makes probing goat kids easy.
Lacey P from Texas
Super easy for one person to use.
Susan B from New York
Love it, so much easier than the syringe and tube. No more getting soaking wet with spilled milk. The only thing I suggest is have a spot or notch between the hand holders that you can put the tube, so it is out of the way when milking the ewe. at the moment I use a elastic band, but I still love it and is well worth the money.
Delly's Delight from Virginia
Very easy to use. Would help a newbie feel more at ease when tubing a lamb.