Get needed nutrition immediately into newborns, with this stomach tuber specifically designed for use with lambs and kids.
- One handed operation
- Easy clean design and material
- Specialized tube tip prevents airway insertion
- Safety indicator strips so the shepherd knows when the tube is safely in position
- Milk directly into the vial from the ewe/nanny without losing precious contents
- Stable base – allows you to pre-fill the vial
- Eye-catching color makes it easy to find
- Flexible gentle tube, but not so soft it could coil in the throat
- Hole at tube end, not the side – good flow and allows cleaning of the whole tube
- Gravity flow – not pressurized, safer and easy to control
- 2" diameter
- 19-1/2" transparent tube (see the milk flow and see when clean)
- 8 oz capacity (one large or two smaller feeds without refilling)
- Tube clip – Holds the tube off the ground, hygienic and handy
- Tube material avoids cracking
How to Use
- Gently pass the tube into the esophagus, until the safety indicators are within the mouth.
- Raise vial. Ensure head and neck remain above the stomach and ensure the tube stays in position.
Shepherd’s Choice® Management TipProducers should NOT tube lambs that cannot hold their heads upright. In most cases these are hypothermic lambs. They need glucose (IP) and warming first. Once the animal has been revived and can hold its head up, then you can use the various stomach tube devices to deliver nourishment.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Virginia P from New Hampshire
Haven’t used it yet as I won’t lamb till March.
I love the idea that the tube won’t keep slipping off the syringe tip. However I expect to wish there was a lid on the container so that I don’t spill colostrum between milking the ewe and getting the lambs organized. I realize a closed lid would prevent colostrum flowing down the tube once the lamb has the tube in.
Also with the diameter of the tube I think some of my ewe’s colostrum will be too thick to flow. In the past I have had to put the plunger back in the syringe and push it into the lamb.
Cheatgrass A from Idaho
I love these! Super safe and easy. I like making sure lambs get a good dose of colostrum right after they are born so unless they jump up and suck, I milk a few ounces from the ewe and give it to them. This is such a great tuber!
Robin D from Minnesota
Just not good.
Trevon O from Missouri
Love it! Handy to use and the amount you can get in them compared to a 60 ml syringe is better. Handles make it easy to hold while inserting tube and gravity feed is better for them.
Shantel M from Montana
Love this Tuber! It’s so much easier and safer in my opinion. I just wish you could purchase extra hoses and not have to buy the entire product again.