Blackhawk 92 Shearing Comb
All purpose flared comb for shearing and blocking. 3.3 mm thick, 92 mm wide with medium to long bevels.
- For blocking show sheep
- For shearing farm/range flocks
- For shearing llamas and alpacas
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing sheep, llamas and alpacas
- 13 tooth
- 3 mm thick, 92 mm wide
- Medium to long bevels
- Flared on one side
- Fits any 3" shearing head.
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are installed as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
John S from Michigan
Comb works well and has lasted so far.
good to have
Amber L from PA
I used this blade for the first time this year along with the spitfire cutter.I was very impressed with it for the first 10 sheep I sheared. It cut great and was able to go really fast. After this it got progressively dull and hard to get it through the wool. (I am shearing suffolk/hampshire crosses). I am going to send them in and get them sharpened and see if they are any better.
Nathan H from Maryland
This comb far out-lasts a number of other brands of combs that I have used. This past spring we used a set of this comb and a spitfire cutter on 50-60 head before it needed to be changed out. And I'm not a very fast shearer yet. About 8-10 min/head. That's roughly seven hours of run time!
Christyl K from NW Iowa
Currently using an 13 tooth Arizona thin on one set of clippers and the Blackhawk 92 Shearing Comb on another. Day & night difference! The Arizona cakes and gums up while the Blackhawk goes right into the wool and gets to work. Great comb.