- Height: 5.5"
- Ground wire (green): 48"
- Fence wire (red): 9-1/2"
- Bright "blue" spark
- Visible more than 500 ft at night if located where there is no other light
- Flashes with every pulse over 3000V (the opposite of the Volt Alarm). For energizers 0.5 joule or larger
- Hangs on an existing permanent fence. Metal clamp ensures positive fence contact.
- No battery needed. Gets its power from the pulse itself (which is why a larger energizer is necessary).
- Very easy to use.
- Visual reassurance that the fence is working.
- Connections are not easy to make or remove.
- Fence must be turned off in order to install.
- Requires a large energizer (0.5 joule or larger), to supply adequate voltage.
- Recommended for use on smooth wire fences only.
- Does not work on netting.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Energizer KitsItem #113300 -
Solar powered 0.60 joule energizer used with electric fences to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$285.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Grant N from Minnesota
Went from the night shepherd unit to this one. I can see this one from the road even during the day. I really like it a lot and it is less expensive than the old flourescent ones. Very positive experience.
David S from Colorado
I was daily testing my fence with a manual tester. Now with this unit i can visually see the status from my window, even when it's raining or snowing without tracking out in the mud. It has a very bright strobe light, similar to a small lightning strike, making it very visible, even in daylight.
Peter P from New Hampshire
I had been using the old night time shepherd with the flouresent bulb for near 10 years. the sun damage has clouded it a bit but in the dark you can still see it flash. The blitz light has a much sharper flash and can be seen for several hundred feet. I'm getting a second one to place on some net fence I use on the back pasture,600 feet away .
Jeff P from Oregon
I just purchased 3 so have not had them long enough to comment about durability but so far so good. They can easily be seen for several hundred yards at night but you have to be right on top of them in the daylight so then you might as well test the fence but if you will just glance over once per night you will know it is still above 3K volts. Pretty handy and who tests their fence more than once a day anyway unless you think there might be a problem? I am pretty certain it will save a lot of trips to just check the fence and will for sure alert us to potential problems before they grow into shorts in multiple directions that can be very timely to correct. The labor savings in fixing them problems quicker when they are small will be huge. If they last as well as they look we will get even more of them So far I am thrilled. One caution is that if you put them right on a county road the neighbors will be sure to call and tell you that you have a huge short in your fence from the strobe so putting it back a few feet might help :-)