The Rhinehart X-50A is a powerful 110V plug-in dehorner designed to stop the growth of horn cells in livestock.
For removing horn spurs from goat kids, lambs and calves. Dehorn goat kids between 3 days to 3 weeks of age. Burns the bud to stop growth.
The dehorner arrives to you with a goat-sized tip attached and ready for use.
- 10" long
- 6" grip
- 7 ft cord
- Max temperature 1000˚ F
- 239 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
- Arrives with 2 dehorn tips (the goat-sized tip is attached and ready for use)
- 1/2" diameter
- 3/4" diameter
How to Use
- If you prefer/need the larger cattle tip, make sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled down Warning—temperature can exceed 1000˚ F. To remove the tip, hold it with a tool or your hand and unscrew the bolt and washer located on the underside.
- The lever on the dehorner should remain at "D" for all dehorning. The "S" is for those that have the tip for soldering.
- Allow 10 - 12 minutes for the dehorner to heat up before using. Apply to the horn base for approximately 10 seconds. For more detailed instructions, reference Rhinehart's directions.
- Tip is very very hot. DO NOT TOUCH.
- Works best on kid goats that are about 3 days old. Use when the horn nub is barely there.
- Make sure the animal is held so it cannot move its head during burning.
Make sure the lever is set on "D" for dehorning. Not "S" for soldering.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Docking and Castrating
Pine Tar (squeezable bottle), 16 ozItem #623200 -
Cover wounds on sheep, goats, chickens and guardian dogs to repel flies and biting insects. Effective for several days after application.$15.00
Docking and Castrating
Blood Stop Powder, 16 ozItem #888094 -
To slow and stop the bleeding of minor cuts and wounds. For treating excessive bleeding following docking or dehorning.$9.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cortney L from Pennsylvania
Did not come with the second tip as advertised. Have not used the unit yet.
Nicole L from Oregon
Worked much better than I had anticipated. Very pleased with the weight and how quick it removed the horns. Would very much recommend the product. It was used on boer and Nubian babies who were 7 weeks of age and one who was 4 months of age (dwarf boer).
Leah T from Minnesota
It is very user friendly. I like that the goat tip is already on when you receive it so if you open it in the barn you don’t risk loosing the tip. Heats up quickly. I was impressed by how quickly it got here, I didn’t realize our old one didn’t work anymore until it was time to burn horns.
Lena M from North Carolina
I am very satisfied with my purchase of the rhinehardt disbudding iron. It works perfectly and arrived right on time. I will definitely be purchasing from this company again.
Kayla T from Georgia
Excellent product! Worked extremely well on our saanen goat kids! Perfect size.