The Rhinehart X-50A is a powerful 110V plug-in dehorner designed to stop the growth of horn cells in livestock.
For removing horn spurs from goat kids, lambs and calves. Dehorn goat kids between 3 days to 3 weeks of age. Burns the bud to stop growth.
The dehorner arrives to you with a goat-sized tip attached and ready for use.
- 10" long
- 6" grip
- 7 ft cord
- Max temperature 1000˚ F
- 239 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
- Arrives with 2 dehorn tips (the goat-sized tip is attached and ready for use)
- 1/2" diameter
- 3/4" diameter
How to Use
- If you prefer/need the larger cattle tip, make sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled down Warning—temperature can exceed 1000˚ F. To remove the tip, hold it with a tool or your hand and unscrew the bolt and washer located on the underside.
- The lever on the dehorner should remain at "D" for all dehorning. The "S" is for those that have the tip for soldering.
- Allow 10 - 12 minutes for the dehorner to heat up before using. Apply to the horn base for approximately 10 seconds. For more detailed instructions, reference Rhinehart's directions.
- Tip is very very hot. DO NOT TOUCH.
- Works best on kid goats that are about 3 days old. Use when the horn nub is barely there.
- Make sure the animal is held so it cannot move its head during burning.
Make sure the lever is set on "D" for dehorning. Not "S" for soldering.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Judy B from Minnesota
I was very pleased with the quality and ease of use of the Rhinehart 50A dehorner. I used in on my young goats and the outcome was what I would want.
Judy B from Minnesota
Jered M from Wisconsin
Cherri L from Kansas
It heats up fast and works well. If I could change anything about the product, it would have all the optional tips with it so we'd have other options without ordering them separately. I disbuded my boer goats at 2-3 weeks and I was wondering if another tip might have done a better job. To find out I'll have to order it separately.
Howard L from Missouri
We haven't used this dehorner yet. But heats up fairly fast and is just as described
Patricia J from Washington
This did a great job! It heated up fast and was easy to handle. Price was amazing since the local stores wanted $169 for the Rhinehart 30 model. The attached goat tip worked great for our Boer/Nubian cross kids.