- Hard plastic body is 6" x 3" x 3/4"
- Protective case included
- 1" x .75" digital display
- 4.5" ground probe
- 37" ground cable
- 9V battery included (normally lasts over 1 year)
- Gives an exact reading of volts on the fence line.
- Can test your ground rod and energizer.
- Large black numbers are easy to read, even in sunlight.
How to Use
- Insert probe into the ground.
- Clip the red fence clip to the live fence wire.
- Read the digital readout of volts. It is shown in kV (2.7 kV = 2700V).
- Remove voltmeter clip from fence, then gently remove the probe from the ground (do not pull the wire, only grab the metal probe to remove).
- Turn off energizer.
- Disconnect ground wire and fence wire from energizer.
- Turn on energizer.
- Touch probe from tester to ground terminal on energizer.
- At same time touch the red fence clip to fence terminal on energizer.
- The tester should light up to 6000V or more.
When the unit reads "LL" or "low batt," the battery on the tester (not the energizer's battery) is low and needs to be replaced.
- Disconnect the fence from your energizer and test across the two terminals on the energizer. If the readout is higher that what you found when you tested the fence, the fence is the culprit. However, if the voltage readout remains suspicious, the problem may be with the voltmeter. Check the battery (see information below) before "giving up" on the tester.
- The internal battery can also affect the accuracy of the digital reading. If either of the following is observed, change the battery (remove the screw on the back of the voltmeter to do so) and retest your fence.
- The luminosity of the output reading becomes weak.
- Voltage readings drop with each pulse (at the same fence location).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Electric NettingItem #201000 -
A portable electric fence that is 35" tall installed. When properly energized, it’s a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs.$135.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tony P from Colorado
For troubleshooting and feeling confident in the stopping power of my single strand temp fences, the accuracy of the digital tester is the way to go!
Tim from Missouri
Not sure why I've waited so long to get a digital tester. So much better than the ones with just the lights. Easy to read and use. I would recommend to everyone.
Allan G from Oklahoma
I really like this product. It is so easy to read even when the sun is bright.
This voltage meter is a great buy. I recently put up an energized fence to protect a beehive from bears. The fence, itself, will not keep the bear out but the shock will teach it to avoid the area. It is important to know exactly what the voltage is in the fence. The meter is easy to use plus gives voltage numbers. Knowing the numbers makes it easier to trouble shoot the fence.
earl k from pa
Couldn't be any better. The finest I have ever owned.