ElectroStop® with PrimaPosts™ 10/42/12
New! A prefabricated electric fence that has 10 horizontal strands (9 conductive), is 42" tall installed and has vertical struts every 12". PrimaPosts™ are built into the mesh every 12.6 ft.
When properly energized, ElectroStop® with PrimaPosts™ is a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs. Extra height of 42" is better for large and/or flighty animals.
- Stiffer—advanced fiberglass composite for increased strength and rigidity
- Drivable in hard soils—can be pounded in with a dead-blow hammer or mallet
- Weighs less per ft—posts are smaller in diameter vs. other drivable posts (13mm vs. 19mm); this enables longer sections (164' vs. 100') without additional weight
Which ElectroStop® is right for you?We offer many fences to fit your situation, including multiple lengths with different post spacings, drivable line posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Visit this link to compare all ElectroStop options.
Its very low electrical resistance (37 ohms per 1000') is important for fences that are either long or will experience high weed contact.
ElectroStop® with PrimaPosts™ is available in (2) colors:
- Green & White — Item #208450
- Blends well with a green-grass background while offering good visibility to humans and animals.
- Blue & White — Item #208453
- 4-legged animals generally have poor color vision, but see shades of blue clearly. Because blue is an unusual color when seen on the ground, curious livestock (and their predators) check the fence with their sensitive noses. The result is a memorable electric shock. Animals conclude the fence itself is painful—and learn to avoid it.
- Contain sheep, goats guard dogs and keeping out coyotes and stray dogs.
- Effective for beehive protection to keep out livestock and bears
- Suitable for cattle.
- Make small pastures for animals that need special attention (ewes/does/nannies with triplets; injured or stressed animals)
- Strip grazing pastures, orchards, vineyards and stockpiled forages
- Wildfire mitigation (managed grazing)
- As an interim fence until a more permanent fence can be built
- Installing water gaps that work
- Making lanes for moving animals
- Protecting outdoor hay supplies
|ElectroStop® with PrimaPosts™ 10/42/12|
|Horizontal Strands||10 (9 conductive)|
|Vertical Strands||Plastic struts, spaced every 12"|
|Color||Green/White or Blue/White|
|Electrical Resistance||37 Ω/per 1000'|
|Line Post Options||Single Spike (SS)|
|Line Post Material||Gray Fiberglass composite, 0.53" diameter|
|Distance Between Posts||12'6"|
|Horizontal Spacings||5", 3.5", 3.5", 3.5", 3.5", 5", 5", 6", 7"
(from bottom to top)
Each roll comes with 1 Repair Kit.
Ensure the net is at least 2" away from anything metal (e.g. T-posts, existing wire fences, spikes on support posts, etc.)
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to kill vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause posts to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
If possible, separate the fence into sections. Then progressively reconnect, checking voltage as you go. When the voltage drops, you’ve identified the section with the problem. Listen for snapping sounds. This occurs when a conductor is close to a grounded wire, metal objects, fallen branches, or other green vegetation causing a “short”. Shorts cause fence voltage to collapse and allow animals to touch the fence without feeling pain.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Energizer KitsItem #113300 -
Solar powered 0.60 joule energizer used with electric fences to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$285.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200008 -
Repair electric net fences simply, quickly and securely. No tools required! For electric netting and other 3mm conductors.$9.50
GatesItem #340611 -
Easy access in/out of electric net fence enclosures without having to turn off the energizer. Perfect for sheep or goat paddocks. 35" tall installed.$50.00