Energizer Support Box
General-purpose utility box for mounting a fence energizer, battery and solar panel. Consolidate electric fence components into a single housing for ease of movement.
Support box sits on the ground—less risk of damage from vandals, snow, rain and livestock. Galvanized (zinc plated) to prevent rust.
- 12.5"H x 11"W x 12"D
- Battery compartment: 11-1/4"H x 9"W x 11-3/4"D
- Galvanized steel construction
- Plastic carrying handle
- Hang the battery energizer on the threaded bolt at the front of the support box. Ensure the bolt is tightened.
- The support box is pre-drilled for Premier’s solar panel brackets. Insert these into the top of the case and thread nuts onto bolts. Attach the solar panel to the brackets.
- The 12V battery sits in the center compartment. Attach the battery to the solar panel (for recharging). For maximum sunlight, orient the unit so the panel faces south.
- When the fence is ready to be energized: Connect the energizer to the fence, ground rod and finally the battery.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brian S from Missouri
I bought this, hoping to use a larger battery (100Ah) and a 100W panel. I would have settled on a 80W panel, but unfortunately Premier 1 was on back-order for many items.
The box is fairly small for a large panel. I feel like a gust of wind would have bad results. As well, as others have also mentioned, the battery compartment is fairly obstructed with rivets, as well as the gusset reinforcements. A larger battery simply cannot fit.
I would still recommend the product with a smaller battery and panel. However, I have no experience with that set up. I returned mine.
Joshua J from Virginia
Really wish they sold this in a kit instead of individual parts. Make sure you get everything you need before ordering so you don’t have to make 4-5 separate orders. Also the price is high considering everything you need to make up what they show in the picture.
The battery doesn’t slide into the box properly because of the rivets and there’s nothing that holds the battery in properly. (My battery sits on top of the rivets.)
Gary H from Maine
Great unit! Strong, well made and a reasonable price.
Scott T from Missouri
I own 4 of these. Only complaint I have is that after 3 years they start to rust. It's the best and cheapest solution to solar that I've seen.
Chris B from Alabama
Very happy with this purchase. I bought the energizer, support box, solar panel and brackets. Premier put it all together before shipping! All I had to do was buy the battery and use the pre-wired clamps to attach it. I have the smaller panel (10 watts) and the Speedrite energizer, and I have no problem at all moving it around. And I bought the large marine battery. I can see where maybe a bigger solar panel might hinder carrying it, but mine is perfectly fine.