Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
- Stop rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed. Save $$ on feed costs by eliminating the need to use rat/mouse bait!
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation. Does not sound like old-style hog feeders that bang and clang.
(holds 17.5 lb feed)
(holds 44 lb feed)
|Feeds Up To||2 hens at once||3 hens at once|
|Feed Capacity||17.5 lb (8 kg)||44 lb (20 kg)|
|Adjustable Treadle||Min: 0.75 lb
Max: 3 lb
|Min: 1 lb
Max: 5.5 lb
|Weight||13 lb||19 lb|
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
This nest box provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$45.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Arielle E from Oregon
Took at least a couple weeks for chickens to figure it out. Had to prop door open for a while, and even then, the feed was not very evident to them. Works well, once they get around the learning curve.
Anthony M from Missouri
Only 4 stars because I'm not had it set up very long. So far, so good. I was excited to see a hen using it because she will have them ALL eating out of it!!!
Great directions and VERY easy to assemble.
Way better price than grandpa's
Buy 3-4 of these instead!
Kathleen H from Wisconsin
I was really excited about this product at first and my chickens figured it out right away. However, after a few days, it was evident that the food was getting clogged up and not filling up the food trough. I switched from pellets to crumble, but it didn't seem to help. A week into this, I'm thinking I'll be returning it.
Daryl P from Keeps critters out and feed dry!
It took our chickens a little while to figure it out, but we're losing a lot less food to rot and varmints now. We frequently have house-sitters, and it's nice to not have to worry if they're feeding the chickens. If we can just find a way to keep the dogs out of it, we'll be in business...
Ted K from Virginia
My rat waste is gone. Rats were killing me by eating my organic chicken feed.