Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
Feed the flock indoors or out with this rodent and songbird resistant feeder. Clever, foot-activated door quickly opens when a bird approaches the feeding trough and closes again when not in use.
Reduce waste and spoilage while ensuring only your birds are able to access the feed.
While Supplies Last. All sales are final, no returns.
- Helps prevent rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed.
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation.
- Feeds up to: 2 hens at once
- Feed capacity: 17.5 lb (8 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.75"L, 9"W, 18"H
- Adjustable Treadle: Min: 0.75 lb, Max: 3 lb
- Weight: 13 lb
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
- Chickens need to be trained to feeders. Select a trainee and place them on the roost to activate the door. They will see the feed and recognize that this is the place to be fed.
- Allow room under roosts. As manure and bedding accumulates, doors will not be able to open fully. Either hang the feeder or periodically clear bedding and manure. Partially open doors have the potential to scrape the combs of large combed birds.
- Because the feed lands far back in the feeder, we do not recommend its use with waterfowl.
- Use coarsely ground feeds for optimal feed flow in humid conditions (the same with all high capacity feeders). High concentrations of fines (powder) in feed bind easily when moisture is present (stopping feed flow).
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
Provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$53.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sarah S from Nevada
Luv luv luv these! Worth their weight in gold! Mix the feed, dump in feeder and chickens are good for days.
My 2 month ancona chicks took right to these, learning how to use in just 2 days. Will be purchasing more!!
Arielle E from Oregon
Took at least a couple weeks for chickens to figure it out. Had to prop door open for a while, and even then, the feed was not very evident to them. Works well, once they get around the learning curve.
Anthony M from Missouri
Only 4 stars because I'm not had it set up very long. So far, so good. I was excited to see a hen using it because she will have them ALL eating out of it!!!
Great directions and VERY easy to assemble.
Way better price than grandpa's
Buy 3-4 of these instead!
Kathleen H from Wisconsin
I was really excited about this product at first and my chickens figured it out right away. However, after a few days, it was evident that the food was getting clogged up and not filling up the food trough. I switched from pellets to crumble, but it didn't seem to help. A week into this, I'm thinking I'll be returning it.
Daryl P from Keeps critters out and feed dry!
It took our chickens a little while to figure it out, but we're losing a lot less food to rot and varmints now. We frequently have house-sitters, and it's nice to not have to worry if they're feeding the chickens. If we can just find a way to keep the dogs out of it, we'll be in business...