Heated Poultry Waterer
Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft grounded electrical cord
- (3) replacement nipples included. Additional drip-catch nipples can be purchased separately.
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tera W from Minnesota
Great product. Once birds were trained to use, it was very convenient for care of chickens. Durable!
Lisa M from Indiana
I bought it from Premier 1 (easy transaction and no issues) because their price was cheaper than Amazon. I got it and my chickens love it. I love that the heating cord is detachable as we certainly don’t need it now in this heat. But it is nice to know I can use that feature when the weather turns cold.
This is easy to clean. Easy for me to move. And because of the heat we are experiencing it is easy to put ice in and because it is insulated it helps keep the water cooler.
I will be buying another one in the future.
Kris W from Illinois
Love this poultry waterer—my girls have clean cold water all day!
Donna S from Missouri
I bought one of these over a year ago and it's the best waterer I've ever had! I recently bought another one for my grandson when he got chickens.
It works just as described. The chickens can't knock it over and the water stays clean. When filled, it's still light enough for me to carry and it's not spilling on my clothes and shoes.
In the winter the water never froze and it made taking care of my hens so much easier! I have well water and the nipples began to clog but I just soaked them in vinegar overnight and they were like new!
This is the best waterer ever!
Kristen K from New Hampshire
My 9 week old girls had no problem learning to drink from this waterer. I love that it opens at the top. It’s so easy to refill and clean. Not currently using the (detachable) heating cord, but that’s the main reason I bought this.