Heated Poultry Waterer
Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft grounded electrical cord
- (3) replacement nipples included. Additional drip-catch nipples can be purchased separately.
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jim R from New Jersey
Great product - This is our second one - Our flock got bigger, so we needed a second waterer - water does not freeze or ice over like other waterers we had. A visible sight glass would be great to see the water level without removing the lid.
Ryan G from Kansas
Everything is as good as advertised except the nipples leak considerably more than the older style of heated waterer.
Anthony L from Michigan
This is by far the best waterer that I have used on the farm. The chicken's and ducks took too them instantly. I sat one on an upside down bucket and hung the other. They are easy to fill. I took a paper towel and sprayed some dry silicone on, then I rubbed the rims of the lids and buckets so that lids spin on and off easy until they're broke in. The removable cords make summer use so much nicer. Thanks for such a nice product that looks like it will be around for years of use.
Virgil G from Pennsylvania
I received this after a long back order just in time for our cold temps. Seems to work well no frozen water now so all is well. Only thing I didn't like was the 20.00 shipping cost seems way over charged to me. We'll see how it goes as winter drags on.
Kevin D from Pennsylvania
This product is extremely well made. This product is manufactured with a thick heavily insulated plastic and is strong/durable. Lid fits very snug and can be easily handled, unlike some of those awkward dome shaped drinkers. Cord can be easily detached for this warmer seasons. Chickens learned to drink from it almost immediately. I liked it so much I purchased an extra!