Heating Plates and Covers
- Extra Small—Keeps up to 15 chicks warm. 15 watts/hr. Plate & Cover: 10" x 10".
- Small—Keeps up to 20 chicks warm. 22 watts/hr. Plate & Cover: 12" x 12".
- Large—Keeps up to 50 chicks warm. 66 watts/hr. Plate & Cover: 16" x 24".
- Height adjusts from 1.5" to 6" by adjusting the yellow legs.
- Attention: This product was safely converted to 110v for use in the USA. 1 year warranty.
- ABS plastic.
- Cord length: 70".
- Uses much less electricity. Only 22 watts (66 for the larger plate) vs 175 or 250 watts for a heat lamp.
- Less risk of fire because of the much lower surface temperature (125°).
- A hen keeps chicks warm beneath a heat source. So does a heat plate.
The rugged plate cover (optional) prevents older chicks from perching on top and fouling the unit with droppings. However, the plate can be hand-washed to remove dust and debris
How to Use
Use the yellow legs to set the height low enough so it almost touches the backs of chicks. As chicks grow, raise the plate by adjusting the yellow legs.
Height adjustment is important. As the chicks grow, use the adjustable legs to increase the height of the plate above the bedding and chicks.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Dawn B from British Columbia, Canada
Thrilled with my purchase! I will no longer lose chicks to a malfunctioning lamp/bulb.
Marvin R from West Virginia
Works just like they said it would. Would recommend to anyone. Great product!
Jeff F from Kansas
Great product, fast delivery. Works much better than a heat lamp. Would recommend the product and Premier 1.
Amy F from Michigan
I placed an order with Premier 1 for a heater plate. I had a special request I noted when I placed the order. They not only noted my request but honored it! In today's world that is unbelievable and I think deserves a pat on the back! Thank you Premier 1! Thanks for paying attention to detail. The product I ordered was everything the advertising said, I'm very pleased with it. Thank you again Premie for making this experience a good one.
Donna B from North Carolina
I am loving this heating plate! My chicks love it too, they're so nice and content under it!