Heating Plates and Covers
- Extra Small—Keeps up to 15 chicks warm. 15 watts/hr. Plate & Cover: 10" x 10".
- Small—Keeps up to 20 chicks warm. 22 watts/hr. Plate & Cover: 12" x 12".
- Large—Keeps up to 50 chicks warm. 66 watts/hr. Plate & Cover: 16" x 24".
- Height adjusts from 1.5" to 6" by adjusting the yellow legs.
- Attention: This product was safely converted to 110v for use in the USA. 1 year warranty.
- ABS plastic.
- Cord length: 70".
- Uses much less electricity. Only 22 watts (66 for the larger plate) vs 175 or 250 watts for a heat lamp.
- Less risk of fire because of the much lower surface temperature (125°).
- A hen keeps chicks warm beneath a heat source. So does a heat plate.
The rugged plate cover (optional) prevents older chicks from perching on top and fouling the unit with droppings. However, the plate can be hand-washed to remove dust and debris
How to Use
Use the yellow legs to set the height low enough so it almost touches the backs of chicks. As chicks grow, raise the plate by adjusting the yellow legs.
Height adjustment is important. As the chicks grow, use the adjustable legs to increase the height of the plate above the bedding and chicks.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Donna B from North Carolina
I am loving this heating plate! My chicks love it too, they're so nice and content under it!
Karlajean B from Minnesota
After losing my chickens to a coop fire two years ago, I bought this heater as a replacement for the typical heat lamp. I bought the small and haven't been happier! I never have to worry and the chicks were easy to show how to scoot under it for warmth. They love it!
Holly S from Florida
Fantastic product! Super easy to use and much safer than a heat lamp. Better price and performance than brinsea. Best choice for chick heat source in my opinion. I use the cover and it's great too. Makes cleaning a breeze.
Teresa O from Ohio
This is my 4th purchase as I raise chicks all spring. I have 3 small and 1 large which I did get the cover for, but found most of my boy chicks love to jump on top, they practice jumps and some even sleep on top. So much safer than a heat lamp and no light glaring all night long. I have recommended this over Brinsea's as yours are much easier to adjust leg height not to mention more reasonably priced. Don't even think twice, just buy this. They work wonderful, clean easily, any chick poop dries and easily can be scraped off and the rest can be wiped off with a damp sponge. I use clorox wipes. And when hatching season is over, take it apart and store in it's original box until next year. Enjoy.
Renee E from Iowa
I have used this for two years, and really love it, as do the chicks! I was nervous about not using a light, but works like a dream. We do have to replace one leg that had broke, but fairly inexpensive. No complaints here.